cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to upgrade my actual SAP DataBase SQL Server 2000 from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 4 in order to be more secure as a MS consultant is requesting, but following the comments on the SAP note 1026116 attached file, which references this MS article:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/D/1BDF5B78-584E-4DE0-B36F-C44E06B0D2A3/ReadmeSql2k32sp4.h...

Referenced Text:

"If your instance of SQL Server 2000 is being used by an application, first check with the provider of the application whether there are any SQL Server 2000 upgrade considerations specific to that application. "

So following this instructions is there any SQL Server 2000 upgrade to Service Pack 4 considerations for a SAP Database of an ERP R3 ECC 6.0.

Could anyone can help me please with this question?

Best Regards,

Erik Espinosa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Service Pack 4 is supported and recommended for SAP ERP ECC 6.0. There are currently no known issues with upgrading to this service pack. The mentioned collation change don't have to be performed as long as you are not planning to upgrade to SQL Server 2005.

Best regards

Clas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

None to my knowledge except that you may have to run instcoll.exe again to correct the collation if SP4 causes any issues.