cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries regarding refresh of QA Client from Production Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have a standard 3 tier landscape, based on SAP R/3 4.6C.

I’ve been asked to do a client refresh from Production to the QA system. Both the QA and Prod systems have multiple clients.

Because the client copy is across different R/3 systems I plan to do a Client Export (via SCC8) then a Client Import (via SCC7).

I could choose to do a Remote Client Copy (via SCC9) using an RFC link, but I decided against this as I think it will take longer and is at risk from potential network problems/glitches.

Here are my queries:

Q1: As the source client (600) is a Production client do I need to change any of its client settings through SCC4 to allow the transports to be created by the Client Export tool SCC8?

Q2: Conversely, for the target Client 400 in the QA system, should I completely delete this client and re-create it in SCC4 before doing the Client Import via SCC7?

Your thoughts please

Kind Regards

Sharon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

See my comments in bold,

Q1: As the source client (600) is a Production client do I need to change any of its client settings through SCC4 to allow the transports to be created by the Client Export tool SCC8?

<i><b>Yes, If you are exporting Production client, Make sure that in SCC4 settings, the Protection level for Client copier should be 0. If this is already in 0 then, no changes needed in SCC4 settings.</b></i>

Q2: Conversely, for the target Client 400 in the QA system, should I completely delete this client and re-create it in SCC4 before doing the Client Import via SCC7?

<i><b>Its a best practice to delete the target client first and then performing the copy process...While deleting using SCC5, do not choose the option of deleting the entries from T000 table.This will leave the client 400 entries in SCC4 and you can carry on the client import once deletion completes</b></i>

regards,

Vinodh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinodh, thank you for your replies.

Nisch, if I do a system copy will that not refresh all of the clients on the QA system?... (remember I have multiple clients on Prod & QA and I only wish to refresh client 400 on the QA system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Performing QA refresh from production also depends on the size of your production database. Its much faster and cleaner to do a system copy operation for large systems.

Regards,

Nisch