cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Org Structure - Vendor Root

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're currently on SRM 4.0 and are in the process of connecting our SRM system to another backend system. With any backend system, we have to replicate vendors from the backend to EBP. We have an existing org structure set up with one root node and a vendor root underneath this root node. As we connect SRM to this second backend system, do we:

1. Create a separate vendor root for this backend system?

2. Use the existing vendor root?

Has anyone tried any of the above options, and if there are any advantages or disadvantages to either option?

Thanks.

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>For detailed step-by-step configuartion, Please go through the links below -></b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/56/54f137a5e6740ae10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

<b>Other very useful & related links -></b>

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/56/54f137a5e6740ae10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm</b>

http://help.sap.com/bp_pharmav1470/Pharma_DE/BBLibrary/documentation/B11_Master_Document_EN_DE.xls

Use PPOCA_BBP as if you were creating an organizational structure. Once done, you can take the Business Partner created "50000001" for example and fill in BBPGETVD with it for vendor replication.

<u>Please go through these links -></u>

<b>1. To create a new Root node</b>

<b>2. Advantages/disadvantages of BBP_VENDOR_SYNC versus BBPGETVD</b>

Hope this will definitely help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

My questions is geared more toward the 'should' rather than the 'how'.

Should we create a new/separate vendor root for this new backend system? Or should we use one vendor root for all vendors regardless of which backend system they are replicated from. I'm trying to determine whether one vendor root or multiple vendor roots would be helpful from a maintenance point of view.

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to keep one vendor root for all vendors, independant of backend system.

From SRM 5.0 the vendor root is no longer the same as the vendor root:

Purchasing root: PPOMA_BBP

Vendor root: PPOMV_BBP

However, in 4.0 I still believe it would make more sense just to keep the vendor root you have now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dennis, for your response.

The reason I thought creating a new vendor root would help was due to performance issue. We're experiencing slow response time while we're in PPOMA_BBP. It takes forever to navigate/search so I thought if we separated the vendors that would help. Now that I think it over, I don't think that would make a difference. I think the response time is due to the size/number of users we have in our org structure.

Do you or anyone experience the same problem in PPOMA_BBP?

Regards,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<i><u>If an organizational structure with a large number of dependent nodes is displayed in the overview area, access to the transaction can take a very long time.

This type of large organizational structure can occur when the vendors are transferred from the back-end system.</u></i>

<b>Please refer to the following SAP OSS Notes -></b>

Note 503915 - PPOMA_BBP: performance improvement overview area

Note 389869 - Organizational unit with many employees

Note 405806 - Transaction PPOMA_BBP for new material group attributes

Note 864221 - EBP 4.0+: Performance location

Note 920158 - EBP 4.0+: Shopping cart performance

Note 1044096 - RSWUWFMLEC: Wrong Emails and/or Bad Performance

<u><b>Also please see this SAP Consulting Note -></b></u>

Note 1095895 - Slow response times for several SRM transactions

<b>Hope this will definitely help. Do let me know.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we can definitely try a couple of these OSS notes. I probably won't see much improvement in Dev & QA as these systems are small as compared to our production system. Will have to see if we can see much improvement in our production environment.

Thanks for your help.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definitely this will help.

Please update me as well. )

Regards

- Atul