cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy SRM from prod to dev -Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done the client copy and trying to change the logical system names. We are in the process of changing the SPRO-> Account Assignment -> Define G/L Account for Prod Cat and A/C Assignment Cat

We want to change the source system but it is not enabled even in change mode. Only the G/L Account is enabled for change.

We will have to change in 2 to 3 more places

How do others do when it comes to client copy and change of logical names. Use BDLS or make is it because we have some missing roles hence the field is protected?

Any help/

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>This is standard SAP functionality. The table which holds the data for

"Define G/L Account for Prod Cat and A/C Assignment Cat" is BBP_DET_ACCOUNT and it holds data in similar manner.

Since other fields except the GL account, are key fields, these are not coming as enabled in change mode. There is no problem with any settings as such.</u>

<u><b>Since you want to make chnages in 2 to 3 more places(better approach using create template functionality, firstly copy the existing entries and make changes to them and finally, delete the existing extra unrequired entries in the table.</b></u>

1. Either using the SPRO path

SPRO-> Account Assignment -> Define G/L Account for Prod Cat and A/C Assignment Categories 

2. Or using SM30 transaction for the table - BBP_DET_ACCOUNT table

<b>Hope this will definitely help. Do let me know.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you use BDSL anytime for Client Copy? Is Client copy done at all these days. I know SAP doesn't support. Just wanted more thoughts on this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used BDLS and works fine, we recently did that a couple of times, just ask your Basis contact to run BDLS and also change the logical systems, distribution model, partner profile etc.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

We have hit a snag. If you don't mind can you email me at akulkar@gmail.com, I need to discuss more about how to go about doing the BDLS and some problems we are hitting.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SRM Server 550 Extended classic mode