cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing by groups of materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friends.

My client wants to offer customers a rebate that depends on material groupings, for instance, 5% rebate if you buy any materials in group 001, 2% if you buy any materials in group 002.

A material can belong to any number of groups, so MVKE-BONUS is not an option. I´ve been thinking of using variant pricing, which does allow this, but the master data is really cumbersome.

Sounds simple, but it is not.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jorge,

Your question is a real challenge, a material only belongs to a material group, as I know. In your case, maybe you need customize to satisfy client. SAP std could not help you in this case. Please fix it if I am wrong!

@Jorge: Pls update into thread if you have solution, I am interested your case as well. Thanks a lot

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the good replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that this solution requires 'retail' functionality, and we are not using that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you considered MVKE-MVGR1 (through MVGR5), and grouping your customers there. Key settings are located at:Logistics - General -> Material Master ->Settings for Key Fields ->Data Relevant to Sales and Distribution ->Define Material Groups

If a great deal of material master maintenance is involved to change a field. After customizing is tested, ask a mm person in charge to do mass change(MASS)

Message was edited by:

John MG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I've considered MVGRx, but there are only 5 of those, and my customer has many more groupings (dozens)

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each key can take a thousand groupings.

Choose MVGR1 as a key in your rebate condition table.

Follow the menu path: Logistics General -> Material Master ->Settings for Key Fields ->Data Relevant to Sales and Distribution ->Define Material Groups -> double click Material Group 1

Choose New entries to add these groupings like 0001, 0002....0100 and corresponding description.

Proceed to rebate condition table creation, select fields: sales org ...plus this key "material group 1" .. follow condition technique and assignments for condition type group, agreement type...

Former Member
0 Kudos

John, thanks for the answer, but my problem is still not solved: a material can only have 1 value in MVGR1, I want to be able to assign a material to dozens of groups; e.g. material 1 can belong to the following groups:

-heavy materials

-blue materials

-new materials

-round materials

-fragile materials, and so on.

I want to be able to set a rebate condition for 'blue materials'

The number of groups is unlimited.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jorge,

you can do this by adding a step to the access sequence of your rebate cond. the step shud have material grp as one of teh entities. place this step at a an appropriate level in the acc. seq.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for explanation. When you find a solution, please update this thread to let me know. Thanks