cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Level Heurisitscs / Capacity Leveling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wa are running Multi Level Heurisitcs which exploded and demand and put dependant requirements on the components based on PDS.

We run capacity Leveling then which will level out capacity.

But when we do this, Parent finished Product's demand changes based on capacity leveling . Child Product's capacity Leveling was done based on previous dependant demand.

How do I align now requirement of Parent Product and Child Product ?.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member788297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

As such there is no possibility to run capacity levelling similar to multilevel heuristicis

- The heuristic is an infintie plannign tool and the plans it generates

is not necessarily feasible for purposes of execution. This is primarily

true as the resources in question are overloaded over and above the

existing capacity available. The capacity leveling tool can only resolve

such situations by reducing the order sizes for one day and move the

rest of the quantity backwards or forwards in time to other vacant slots

in the resource. The process of searching for vacant slots can also be

controlled by the user using the setting for "Direction of Capacity

Leveling". This primarily has three options Forwards - looks only at

future buckets, Backwards - past buckets only and Both Forwards and

Backwards - This looks at the entire available resource timestream from

today to the end of planning as per the dataview.

if all resources are critical resources, it is better to go for Optimizer to avoid any mismatch.

Regards,

Chava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Once I do capacity leveling backwards or forwards, how do I align components under that parent product ?. Since this levelling occurs on each resource level, parent product's production may not align with the production of the components.

How do we fix that ?.

Thanks.

Vaidhya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

When doing the capacity leving for resources in a location, "fix" the orders. This will adjust order dates in that location.

Then run heuristics (multi level) again. This will take the "fixed" orders from capacity leveling and adjust all dependant orders.

You have to go to the child location now and continue with the leveling process.

Hope this helps!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be a naive question, but did you try using low level codes while running multilevel Heuristics? Transaction /sapapo/snpllc. It is a useful function if you want the system to determine the sequence of running heuristics. Obvioulsy, this needs to run before you run multi-level heuristics.

Go through

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5b/4789bbf49e1340b7723acbf5d6a08a/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We run it before we start Heurisitcs.

Thanks.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if you can get a capacity leveled plan at all the levels in one pass. By one pass I mean running cap level at Parent and progressively on the components/sub-components. Or the other way round. The way I would get around the issue will be to run one pass and then use alerts to identify issues of overload of capacity for manual resolution. After all, heuristics gets you close to 80-90% of automation but not 100%. It does not do away with manual intervention.

Vaidhya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing this issue and here is what I found from SAP help:

"SNP capacity leveling is used to level specific bottleneck resources. It is run locally on a resource in a specified horizon, which means that dependencies with other resources are ignored. Leveling capacity for the entire supply chain would, in effect, be the same as performing a new planning run and is not within the scope of this function"

So 'Dependant Demand' will not be automatically adjusted and this is what SAP is intending to provide. There is no bug in the solution to fix.

Fix the orders for the parent product (Choose "Order Fixing") during capacity leveling. Execute SNP planning run again. It will keep the leveled orders for parent and adjust the dependant demand for child products.

This 'repair' approach will not be an easy and acceptable solution for customers. But I don't know if there is an alternate option in heuristics.

Let me know if any one has some feedback on this.