cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Determination Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

I am facing this weird problem of receiver determination error on XI. The scenario goes like this:

I have two objects syndicated out from MDM. Both object uses the same IDOC type and is then picked up by XI:

For the 1st object A, it went beautifully to R3 and the object is then created in R3. Good

For the 2nd object, B, I am facing the problem of this Receiver Determination Error. Bad

The difference between the two objects are the mappings maintained in MDM. Object A has More content than object B.

I also enable (set as required) in the MDM Syndicator the tags so that both idocs structure are the same.

I hope i can find some answers here pertaining this. thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sulaiman,

I believe both A and B are coming from the same Sender Service/System, but do they have the same Receiver Service/System?

There are several reasons why this error occurs. As for the Receiver Determination in the Intergration Directory, is it configured as "Standard" or "Extended"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly correct, check the receiver determination configuration , are you sending this to two receivers , and identifying the receiver dynamically ?

see the below link for more details

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Also update cache , some times this type of situations happen due to caches updation problem.

Also modify and reactivate if possible.

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mary

You are correct. We are using a single interface for this scenario. In my configuration, i set it as Standard.

Are there changes that i need to set? The scenario would be same IDOC type but different payload. Hmm. Interesting .

Cheers

Sulaiman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>For the 2nd object, B, I am facing the problem of this Receiver Determination Error. Bad

what exactly is the error u are getting in receiver determination?receiver determination error won't come due to large message size,it looks like XI is unable to locate the R/3 system for second IDOC,did u mention the IDOC name for the second IDOC in the partner profile?

thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aamir,

Thanks for responding this rather promptly. It is true that for the same IDOC message type for the second object, XI cannot seem to locate the R3 System.

I am getting the Rec. Determination Error in the Receiver Identification Pipeline

<SAP:Code area="RCVR_DETERMINATION">NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC</SAP:Code>

I admit that the second object does contain less data than the first. The Message interface is defined such that for outbound idoc from MDM should go to R3. The payload should be transparent in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

its kind of strange

do one thing,do a complete cache refresh via SXI_CACHE,also make sure that the control records are correctly mapped,even though you are not getting any mapping error but please check the mapping once.

so you have any conditions in receiver determination or conditions in interface determination?

also check for any dump in ST22 make the user as *.

check SMQ2 and SMQ1 as well

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Indeed this is strange, I have checked all the conditions and ensure that it is available in MDM Sydnicated files. I will continue to check what the error is. I am sure somewhere out there either there is something wrong with the .xml file or my configurations.

I will check these again. If i found anything that is useful, i will share with you guys in SDN. Thanks for the support.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using different Business system. If so check it out whether you have mentioned the Receiver determination for both Business system.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss