Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMs for updating Task Lists

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am looking for suitable function modules that update task lists and their operations. I have looked at se37, but cannot see anything obvious. Would you be able to suggest any function modules for this purpose?

If not then there is always the option of analysing SAP standard reports for task list updating to try and track them down.

Thanks

Mantas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can perhaps have a look at note : 488765.

It recommends using Engineering Work Bench Function Modules to update Task Lists.

Regards,

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Just to update you on ways of updating PLPO:

It seems that the most commonly used method to update the task list's operations programatically is to use BDC calls. While this may be true, I have located a few function modules that may just do the job. If we use one of the above function modules, we are faced with a problem - when callign them directly table planpo is accessed which is never populated and thus leads the FM to fail (all the FMs are in group CPBT). I have investigated this and have found that planpo is populated in another function group - CPDB (in CP_DB_PLPO_READ FM).

PLANPO table is stored as a global table in both function groups, which means that both function groups must inevitably be accessed at the very least. I see that there are two memory FMs in CPBT that can import and export to memory - which could be made use of, alternatively FM CP_BT_REF_ROUTING_INS could be called that calls CP_DB_PLPO_READ and populates planpo. In both cases we could get a handle of a populated planpo table. Anyhow, it seems that all the function modules in the two groups are used extensively in IA06 and it seems that those function modules were written solely for the purpose of IA06 and not as stand alone FMs to be used by developers.

I think that it may be too risky to use these function modules to update the operations as there may be other such tables (like planpo) that may cause problems - I think BDC would be the way to go - safe and reliable, however not performant.

Thanks

Mantas

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

The table that I would need to update is PLPO, so I had a look at function modules that use PLPO and the possible matches are:

<b>CP_DI_OPR_REF_UPD

CP_DI_OPR_UPDATE

CP_BT_PLPO_UPDATE

CP_DI_SOP_UPDATE</b>

Has anyone ever used these FMs? I cannot seem to trigger any of them to update the passed in operation data.

Any advice will be much appreciated.