cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am with an FTP to RFC (asynchronous) scenario.

I am receiving a file that contains several rows with fields without separation, something like:

+DaviddeMiguel265558282

SusanParker355557465

AlisonDouglas405557236

.......+

My goal is to map every row into a unique field of an RFC structure (that i import from SAP). So i am using sender FTP with File content conversion and these parameters:

item.fieldNames=ROW

item.fieldFixedLengths=71 (which is maximum lenght of the row)

item.endSeparator='nl'

I want to pass all the rows but i do not know if this configuration will be enough ¿?

I have one doubt: How the rows are going to be mapped? All the rows at a time (and they update a table once) or one after the other (a row is mapped and then XI maps the second one, that is the RFC executes as many times as rows in the file)???

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanls a lot &Kind regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Look at this link:-

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have been reviewing the blog, it is interesting but i am still doubtful about my configuration. Hope you can tell me if this make sense....

This is my MT:

<i>MT_FTP_SPHIE019 Complex Type

IT_FICHERO Element 1

item Element ZFICHERO_ENTRADA 0....unbounded

LINEAS Element xsd:string</i> 0....1

and this is my configuration:

<i>Document name: MT_FTP_SPHIE019 (my sender message type)

Recordset Structure: item,* --> cause i want to pass all the lines of the file

Recordset Sequence: Ascending

item.fieldNames=ROW

item.fieldFixedLengths=71 (which is maximum lenght of the row)

item.endSeparator='nl'

</i>

Do you find something wrong? I am still getting the same error.

Thanks in advance and kind regrads,

David

Message was edited by:

David De Miguel

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Can you please paste the error, so that it will be easy to debug.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, here it is:

<i>RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Could not ascertain code page : com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZSPAIS0004 in remote system (RfcClient[CC_REC_TL42SAP_SPHIE019_RFC]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Could not ascertain code page </i>

Anyway, i would like to know if my configuration would work as the error seem to be related with the function in R3 system. Could you please confirm the FCC config is 'ok' for the DT and MT??

Regards,

David

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Look into SXMB_MONI in XI and see how the input XML looks like.

Is this what you wanted ? If the call has reached R3 / RFC adapter then there is no issue with the content conversion parameters.

Look into MONI see what the XML is and validate if this is how you wanted it to be. If yes, then debug RFC. If no,can you let know what was the content of the source file , what was the XML created and what is actually needed?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Bhavesh,

I am testing from the IE in the runtime workbench because i have no access to the XI system so i cannot post a file in itself.

In addition, when i try to test from the Adapter engine in the rwb, I cannot send the message as the following error appears:

<i>Error while sending message: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.ConfigException: ConfigException in XI protocol handler. Failed to determine a receiver agreement for the given message. Root cause: com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPALookupException: Couldn't retrieve outbound binding for the given P/S/A values: FP=;TP=;FS=DEV_SYNCWAY;TS=SADCLNT100;AN=MI_FTP_2_RFC_SPHIE019;ANS=http://bancaja.com/SPHIE019;</i>

Any clues? Do i have to specify any tag in the payload for the adapter engine test message functionality??

I think that if i could send the lines there, i would see the transformation in the MONI, right?

Best regards,

David

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I always used the test in IE to trigger the Test message.

Not sure as well as to why we get the error when we trigger the call from AE's Test in RWB.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I solved the runtime error.

Now i am only able to map 1 line of my incoming file. I think that with <i>item,*</i> i would be able to populate all the rows but not.

Could you please help?

Best regards,

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

make ROW,* to pass all records. it send all records at a time. each row is treated as only field in a row.