cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error CE 7.1 SP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’m experiencing problems with MAX DB installing NetWeaver CE 7.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP 1 Spanish.

The install.log shows the following message:

<i>executeCommands(): Try to establish dbmcli session

Sep 19, 2007 5:11:13 PM [Info]: executeCommands() MaxDB: connect failed: com.sap.dbtech.rte.comm.RTEException: Cannot connect to host localhost [Connection refused: connect], -813.

Sep 19, 2007 5:11:13 PM [Info]: executeCommands() MaxDB: connection release failed: java.lang.NullPointerException</i>

The steps.xml shows this line:

<i><step start="20070919171109" end="20070919171113" description="Init parameter file" className="com.sap.inst.maxdb.xpf.InitParamFile" status="error" name="INIT_PARAM"/></i>

I’ve tried the same installation on my work notebook with XP SP 2 Spanish and it works fine

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It could be that your DB instance is down - please check that first.

Also go through w.r.t. "LOCAL SERVICE" user.

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valdimir,

Finally I found out the source of my headache: there was a formatting problem on services file of the system (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services). This caused the connections problems to DB.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

I’m still trying to install de CE 7.1 trial on my system. Now I’ve tried to start de installation and when I got the error I stop the installation and manually create the DB with de MAXDB installation with the same parameters and name (CE1). The DB was create successfully , then I changed the status of the faulted step to ok and started the installation again. I got the same error.

It seems to me that the problem is related to connecting to the DB.

Please, tell me where I can look for some connection trace.

Thanks

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergi,

I forwarded your question to our MaxDB experts, hope they can help you better.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

I saw this thread yesterday, but is seems that doesn’t work on my system. If I try to start the service manually, after this installation error, the service doesn’t start and the application registry of the system shows this error:

<i>- ERROR TID: 0x11BC PID: 0x11AC MsgID: 18358

; Could not open file C:\sapdb\data\config\CE2 for read, rc = 2.</i>

I tried to create a MaxDB data base with the MAXDB install wizard and it worked. I can’t understand where is the problem.

Thanks