cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating the key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have installed Solutio Manager 4.0 SR3.

Read the note 811923 but dont know how to get to System Landscape Maintenance (transaction SMSY). Do I have to install anything else to see this.

Please help.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Once you are logged on to the Solution Manager, run t-code SMSY. Look at the System Components. If the system isn't already defined, define it here. Once defined, click on the System menu option at the top and select Other Object. Enter in the appropriate info and click the button to generate the key...

Thanks,

Mark Novak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark:

I have dumb questions for a newbie.

I have installed the solutions maanger but dont know how to login to the solution manager. is there aprogram that I should see on my windows to startt he solution manager. I have the management console running. otherwise I dont see any link in the program menu.

May be there is a client tool I need to install!!

Thanks for your help again.

regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go to this link to download sap tutor player. Then you can see the documents

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/saptutor

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prince.

Installed the SAp Tutor and will read the links now.

regards,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If you are installing this on a network with a current SAP landscape, you'll need to get with your Basis folks to make sure that you don't use a SID or System Number that is already in use.

Otherwise, you get to pick the SID and System Number. The SID is a three letter designation for the system. The System number can't be 00, 01 or 88. Generally pick something like 10 or 20 or 30 (if they aren't already in use).

Once you have that decided, you input that data into Solution Manager and it will generate the key to input during installation. Note that during installation you will need to input a SID and system number.

If you installed the current Solution Manager, then you should have the info you need to connect to it. If someone else installed it, then you'll need to ask them for th SID and system number. If you installed it and forgot it, then it gets more difficult...

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

There is a SAPTUTOR program that you can download from Service Marketplace somewhere that will let you view those files that Prince mentioned.

In the meantime, you need the SAPGUI installed on your local computer. SAPGUI gives you R/3 connection to the server. You will need the server name (or IP address) the SID and the Instance Number of your Solution Manager to connect to it. Also, you will need to be set up on the Solution Manager as a user.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Mark Novak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Novak. Installed the SAP gui and also the SAPTutor. Will play tehe tutorials to generate the key.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark:

I'm trying to install the Netweaver 2004s for JAVA. So for installing that it askd for the key from the Solution Manager. I have installed the Front End Gui now and the solution manager.

1. Should I use the SAp Front End Logon to connect to the server

2. Where I can finf the SID and the Instance Number of the solutin manager

Thanks for your help,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to login to your installed Solman and need SID and instance number

login to your server where you installed Solution Manager

then go to

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSXX

<SID> : is the SID

<xx> : Instance Number

eg : /usr/sap/SMP/DVEBMGS07 ,

Here SMP --> <SID>

07 --> Instance Number

Yes , you need to use SAP GUI to login to Solution Manager to use SMSY transaction

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prince. Slowly everything is making sense to me.

I was able to install the SAP GUI and get the key.

not sure if I did the right thing but I had to create a system for J2E.

Anyway I ahve a quick question regarding solution manager installation:

I want to install only Netweaver 2004s for java ( no ABAP) but when the solution manager was installaling noticed that it was installing also the ABAP stuffs. The database oracle is of 42G ( that is unbelievable).

Since I need only the JAVA( and not ABAP) is there any java GUI to get the key from solution manager

I know I have lot of dumb questions but thanks for your response.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

SAP Solution Manager 4.0 comes with the double stack (ABAP + JAVA).

JAVA only is not sufficient to get the functionality of SolMan.

Solution Manager Key generation is part of transaction SMSY (which is shipped with ABAP software component ST 400).

Conclusion: Install the standard SolMan with double stack.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruediger.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

go to

http://service.sap.com/rkt --> Solution manager --> Solution manager 4.0 --> Technology Consultants and System Administr -->System and Solution Maintenance (SMSY)

This will help you to generate keys, system landscape creation etc .

If you still have questions pls let us know

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prince:

Thanks for the link.

When I get there I saw some tutor. Iwant to read it but looks like my machine cannot understand the file format. Should I need to have any software to read thorugh the tutor.

Thanks,

Ravi