cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-reaction email with SOLMAN

0 Kudos

Hello,

i have configured the the satellites in solution manager (monitoring, EWA...). Now i want configure auto-reaction emailing such availavility, but in the rz20 of SOLMAN i don't find the monitoring parameters of satellites. My question is: if i want auto-reaction configuration for each satellite, i have to configure it in each satellite, otherwise, i can configure it centrally from SOLMAN?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

the easiest way to do this would be like this:

Install the CCMS agents (sapccm4x...) on each satellite system and register them at your CEN (solution manager).

Set up system monitoring on your solution manager.

Configure central auto reactions on your solution manager wit TA RZ21.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

it's necessary to register both agents, SApccm4x and ccmsping agent? or only with ccmsping it will run?

Thanks

Carlos Calle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to work with central auto reactions you have to install SAPCCM4X in satellite systems and register it with Central system . ccmsping is used to monitor the satellite system availability.If you want to monitor Java then you have to use SAPCCMSR agent

Thanks

Prince Jose

0 Kudos

Hello Prince,

i want to monitor the satellite systems availability, so, i understand that i have to install SAPCCM4X and ccmsping, right?

Thanks a lot

Carlos Calle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

for availability monitoring you only have to install the ccmsping agent on the CEN (your solution manager).

If you want to monitor other stuff,too and want to use central auto reactions,

you also need to install the sapccmsr/sapccm4x agent on the satellite systems.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

As Thomas mentioned , if you are intrested only in availability checks of satellite systems , you have to install only CCMSPING . SAPCCMS4x isnt required.But if you like to monitor other alerts like system logs , job failure , table space monitoring etc etc and want to set up auto reactions you have to install sapccms4x.

For CCMSPING isntallation , go through

http://service.sap.com/monitoring --> Monitoring in Detail -->Availability Monitoring and Agent CCMSPING

Thanks

Prince Jose

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

i only need to configure availability monitoring in solution manager, so, i only need to install ccmsping agent on the CEN, right?. But how do the solman monitor the availability of Java systems (like EP) if they don't appear in rz20 of SOLMAN?

Regards

Carlos Calle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well for EP you have to use GRMG monitoring .For more details please check the following link

http://service.sap.com/monitoring --> Monitoring in Detail -->Customizing and Operating GRMG Monitoring

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

you can monitor java systems with CCMSPING also. If you want to monitor the

availability of certain websites within the portal, I suggest you do that with GRMG monitoring. CCMSPING will only do a RFC ping to the java dispatcher/instance.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

the ccmsping agent is runnnig, monitoring and autorreaction emailing runing too.

Thanks a lot for your help

Carlos Calle

Answers (0)