cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello....

I have small question..as i am new to xi..

In mapping..

Suppose we are sending message from SAP-XI-Legacy..

I hope we need to create 2 interfaces like inbound and out bound..

in inboud interface i.e from sap to xi...source message is idoc which is imported to IR..

but what is the target message type....is this can be

message which we need to send to legacy system?

then what will we take in out bound interface?

Can any one explain me the scenario?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kilaru,

check these links

your inbound interface will have the msg type of your legacy system & outbound will be R/3.

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply...

For my scenario SAP -XI-Legacy(webservices).

1) I imported idoc to IR.

2) I created message type with my target structre.

3) i create message interface as inbound with my target message type.

4)I develop map between IDOc and target message type.

5) I created interface map between idoc and message interface..

Is this copmeltes my job in integration repository? should i do any thing more..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes...now proceed with the config part.

Create sender agremnet,receiver determinations,interface determinations and receiver agrreement.Create a channel in the buisness system and not buisness service,since there need not be an channel for diocs.

Regards

Pryanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..for reply..

I created biz system and created a communication channal for that biz system which is receiver SOAP adapter..

Is this is correct?

I have a bit confusion in determining the services and interfaces in all agreement and determinations in ID..

Can any one help me..

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kilaru,

>><i>I created biz system and created a communication channal for that biz system which is receiver SOAP adapter..</i>

Yes this is correct.

>><i>I have a bit confusion in determining the services and interfaces in all agreement and determinations in ID..</i>

Tell me where u r facing problem while configuring!!!

U can also go thru this article of IDoc2File,and there are several tips given for successfully completing this scenario.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/3.0/a beginner's%20Guide%20to%20XI%20Settings.pdf

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply..

What can be the sender service and interface and what can be the receiver service and interface?

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kilaru,

In the Configuration Part, the activities go like this:

We have,

1)Sender Agreement

2)Receiver Determination

3)Interface Determination

4)Receiver Agreement

Where,

1) In a sender agreement, you define how the message is to be transformed so that it can be processed by the Integration Engine. It's Prerequisite is that when you create a sender agreement, you must specify at least the sender interface and the party or service for the sender and receiver.

In your scenario there will be no sender agreement as you create the RFC destination at SAP end which transfers the Idoc directly to the Integration Server.

2)You use a receiver determination to define one or more receivers to a sender and an outbound interface

In your case the receiver would be the

service

under which you created the receiver communication channel.

3) +You use an interface determination to specify for a sender and a receiver which inbound interface is to be used for the inbound processing of a message.

In an interface determination you define the following for the outbound interface of a sender:

· One or more inbound interfaces

· An interface mapping for the outbound and inbound interface

You are only permitted to use interface mappings from the Integration Repository.+

Here you need to give the inbound interface and the interface mapping that you created at Design time.

4) +You use a receiver agreement during outbound processing. In the receiver agreement, you define how the message is to be transformed so that it can be processed by a receiver.

The Prerequisites are, You have created a new receiver agreement or have opened an existing one. When you create a new receiver agreement, you must at least specify the party or service (under which you created the receiver Communication channel) and the inbound interface for the sender and receiver.+

Here you will select the receiver Communication Channel

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kilaru,

Your scenario is r/3 to legacy. So, ur outbound interface is an idoc ,which you imported into XI using 'import objects' tab.You need to create ur inbound interface.While mapping select the idoc as source message and inbound interface as the target interface.

Regards

Priyanka