cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10A creates Grouped Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me why when creating deliveries with the background functionality of VL10A the system also creates a grouped delivery? This not desired in our business process.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been investigating similar behavior in our client's system. However in this case we do want the deliveries to be grouped. This used to happen, but ever since the upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0, every delivery is placed in its own group.

What I've been able to find is that packages are created to process deliveries. Within that package creation process, a check is being done on the BLNRA (Issue document number) field from the line that's currently being processed against the one used when calling the packing routine. If those differ, processing is stopped and the document being processed will be included in a new package, resulting in a new group.

However, there's also a check against the T_VBSK table. The contents of this table are, as far as I could find, the previously processed record. After a record has been added to a package, this value is stored in table XVBSK and later passed onto table PT_VBSK. This last table is passed to the packing routine and used to fill the T_VBSK table.

Now it gets interesting: since 2006, there has been a note implementation (993268) that clears just that PT_VBSK table in include LWFR0F0C. Resulting in an empty T_VBSK, and with no previous records every document is put in its own package and therefore group.

This isn't exactly what you've been looking for, but perhaps it can help in understanding system behavior. What I find strange is that apparently no one has encountered this as a problem... so is this something that should actually happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Julie,

I did not understand group deliveries. I think the system is clubbing similar deliveries.

This occurs if you have the same ship to party and the same route, and if vehiche capacity is optimum, then the system combines the two DO into a single DO.

Do you have transportation configured?

Configuration changes needs to be done. Without knowing existing config, it is difficult for me to comment.

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anirban,

Grouped deliveries can be manually created via VG01.

I ask the question because it doesn't always happen and we can't seem to find the cause. The grouped delivery (VBSK-SAMMG) includes all the deliveries created in the VL10A transaction. I have one example of 16 deliveries that have nothing in common other than ship point.

We do not have transportation configured.

Thank you,

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem: In our company

sometimes the field SAMMG of table VBSK, has some value. But we don't have configured nothing about this field. I need to know why this happend, beacuse this bring me problems sometimes on billing process. Specifically on partition bill.

I really need your help. I was searching but i don't find anything.

Please help me and forgive me for my bad english.