Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service "acknowledge"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My goal is to implement the given scenario:

I have two applications, App1 and App2, and I want to send information from App1 to App2 through XI. App1 will invoke a WebService exposed by XI based on a Message Interface.

Then XI will deliver, asynchronously, the information sent by App1 to App2. How can App1 be acknowledged about the correct delivery of information to XI? I don't need to know, at this stage, if the information was sent to App2.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Leal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leal,

if i am not wrong...what u want is.... u will send some data from one webservice to another webservice via XI.since its a asynchronous scenario no response will be there ..so how u will know that message is succesfuly processed or not.. right ???

see u will send the data from any SOAP client(for eg. soapui/XML spy....it will show if any error occurs ..on sucessful message delivery u will get a blank response ....

Moreover u can check ur message in SXMB_MONI...wheather u r message is successfully processed or not.....

regards

sasi

<b>**Reward with points if u think its a good answer!!!</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RSK,

Yes I will send data from a SOAP Client but I would like to receive in App1 something like a simple string "OK" in the response of the Web Service. When XI receives information from App1 it will "forward" the information to App2 and "reply" the string "OK" to App1.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help,

Pedro Leal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

As far as i know... there is no such method..where u can get an acknowledgement from asynchronous scenario in SOAP to SOAP scenario....

The following receivers support acknowledgments:

· ABAP and Java proxies (XI 3.0 SP1 for the latter)

· Integration processes

· IDocs (note that IDocs only return acknowledgments when they have been configured using the ALE audit)

· Receiver adapters support system acknowledgments but not application acknowledgments.

For information on acknowledgement for asynchronous scenario...check the link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/65c844539349e9b1450581ab44a5e6/content.htm

regards

sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

RSK,

I just want to have sure that information sent from App1 to XI was delivered successfully without checking SXMB_MONI. I'm not sure if a blank response means that a given message was sent successfully....

Pedro Leal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi leal,

For this u can go to Runtime workbench and check in adapter Engine.......

Message monitoring mainly used to track flow of your messages.it can done in two ways ie. monitoing of adapter messages or monitoring integration server messages. First we need to monitor adapter messages if every thing successful and then go to the integration server monitoring if here also u get success then ur scenario is successful or if u want see all the message at a time then u can go for end to end monitoring..

But i am not sure how to check messages at adapter level before it goes to IS.....

thanx

sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I can monitor either adapter messages or integration server messages (SXMB_MONI). But what i want is to receive a notification in App1 context not in XI context. My doubt is how can App1 be notified of the successful delivery.

Pedro Leal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Pedro: i´ve a similar problem. How did you solved your problem?