cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why config receiving point when RE delivery is config'd?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Return Deliveries configured and working just fine in our ECC system

I notice there is a IMG activity LE - Basic Shipping Functions - Shipping Point and Goods Receiving Point Determination - Assign Goods Receiving Point for Inbound Deliveries

I did not configure anything in this, and as I've said returns are working just fine.

So the question is.... Why would anyone need to configure this activity ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bill,

Sometimes if you have large no of deliveries per day,seprate shipping points (known as Express Shipping Point or Receiving Shipping Point) are maintained..

This offers more flexibility..

This configuration is regarding the same only

REWARD IF U FINDS THIS AS USEFUL....

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Bill,

V_TWLVZ : Assign Shipping Point as Goods Receiving Point to Plant/SLoc

its a view which will help to capture data from multiple table , what i see here is that Shiiping point= Receiving point assignment can be done if required for Business

so its used to specifically define your shipping point as receiving point also

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bill,

Apart from what Anuj has said, we also need to configure legs in transportation. It can be possible that the goods moving from one storage location to other. In that leg, the receiving point will become the end point of the leg.

Eg: say goods moving out of factory to dockyard by a truck and then from dockyard to other place by ship.Then the leg from factory to dockyard, we need to define the dockyard ad the Goods receiving point if we want to track the dockyard as a separate storage location.

Hope I was able to throw some light to your question.

Regards,

Anirban