cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

guiengine: not connected waiting for connection from host.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install Trex but my SAPINST crashes when I run Sapinst.exe

I am running sapinst on Windows 2003 SP1.

The below is the message:

sapinstGUI cannnot connect to sapinst.

guiengine: login timeout; the client was unable to establish a valid connection

The GUI with selectable install components never shows

Any idea?

I have been trying a lot of alternatives , and did quite some internet investigations, but to no avail.

Details :

WIN2003 SP1 with latest patches

All Firewalling turned off

sapinst 701 (as provided with Sol Mgr 4.0 ; ERP2005)

java 1.4.2.12. JAVA_HOME set to c:\j2sdk1.4.2_12 c:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\bin added to PATH

Step 1 : Start sapinst without GUI... it gives these messsages

SAPinst is getting started.

Please be patient ...

starting gui server process:

sapinstport: 21200

guiport : 21212

guistart : false

command : "c:\j2sdk1.4.2_12/bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.2156.1168127928\jar\instgui.jar;C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS1/Temp/sapinst_exe.2156.1168127928\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200

load resource pool F:\51031659_11\DVD_4.0_SAP_Solution_Manager_Inst_Master\IM_WINDOWS_I386\resourcepool.xml

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host amms, port 21200 to continue with the installation

I also tried to connect remotely with startguiinst.bat by starting sapinst with parameter sapinst_start_gui=false on target host but with no success I get the below message.

messages in startinstgui window

Java Runtime found in JAVA_HOME environment variable

Path: c:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\bin\java.exe

Start mode: gui (GUI only)

Connection parameters:

GUIServer host: localhost

GUIServer port: 21212

Starting...

<<< frog.jar: version 5.4.5 10/19/05 sap.theme: null >>>

messages in sapinst window :

guiengine: login in process...............................

guiengine: login timeout; the client was unable to establish a valid connection

Exit status of child: 1

The startinstgui terminates.

I have also tried to start Sapinst on port other than 21212, 21200 but still I get the same thing "guiengine: not connected waiting for connection from host<>............."

My local firewall is not enabled & no antivirus is installed.

What are the other necessary things

Need help in resolving this issue.

Thanks

Shirish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirish,

AS TREX 7.0 is part of the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 stack it will be installed via the Master SAPInst tool - this is provided on the NetWeaver DVD called e.g. "Installation Master Windows Server on IA64"

<b>So please make sure your mechine is 64bit or 32 bit and download respective Sapinst</b>. AS an alternative try to downlaod as under.

Download it via http://service.sap.com/swdc >> Installations and Upgrades >> SAP NetWeaver >> SAP NETWEAVER >> SAP NETWEAVER 2004S >> Installation & Upgrade.

The DVD number is 51032260_xx where xx is a number corresponding to the OS you will use.

Together with that Installation Master DVD you need the TREX binaries DVD which has number 51032295.

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Award points if helpful.