cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert Tables in ECC to Tables in 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have a unique requirement where I need to copy the smartform from ECC to 4.6C. Everything seems to beokay except filling the table. I have a table in Main window with 2 line types. first one has only one cell (header) and 2nd one has 3 cells with item data. for each of the cell I have some abap code ( program lines node) and one text element. so when I write define them I see all of them under Table node in a messy format. even I am not able to see which program line code is related to which text element and CELL.

Can anyone advice me how to define in order to place the data in relevent cells ?

Thank you so much for your time in going thru this.

Cheers

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The structure of the table nodes in Smartforms 4.6c is different to later releases.

In 4.6c you create you table layout (as you currently have), directly under that you add the text element and on the Output options tab have a section to specify the line type and the cell number (similar to the way a template works). The row type in later versions has no meaning in 4.6c.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nick,

But how do we merge the programlines with the text elements ?

And I did not see anything like a cell number in output options. can u plz help ?

thanks

reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Yes, there is no cell number in the program node. The table will work like a loop, processing the program node in sequence. Put you program node immediately before the text element, within the table.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Nick,

just a little q again if u dont mind. I have 2 line types. one for header and another for items. so what exactly should i give in output options ? new line or new cell. can you please send across any material which describes clearly about the same two ?

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

No problem, these setting can be a bit tricky.

For your text elements, the first element in the row you need to check the 'New line' box and specify your line type, this will put the text in the first cell of that line. For each other element in the row only check 'new cell', this will put each element into a new cell working across the row. The 'Skip cells' field should only be filled if you want to leave a cell in the row blank and fill the next one.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats great, Thanks Nick.

Can I have you email Id plz?

Regards

reddy

Answers (0)