Thanks&Regards,

Audi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Audi,

To ellaborate you on the answers given below.

- Checking out a record creates an internal copy of the record which only the owner can edit and any one the owner has given rights to

- Once the records are modified the owner checks in the records this makes the changes visible to everyone

- Check out acts like a lock to inform other users that someone is modifying the records

- CHECK OUT EXCLUSIVE:means only the owner can check out records

- CHECK OUT NON EXCLUSIVE:means all other users are given permission to check out the records by default but for that they just need to join the check out.

I Hope i hve answered your question .

Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Audi

Regarding Exclusive check-out

Exclusive check-out – Grants join permissions to no other roles or users (by default, no other users can join the check-out)

Non-Exclusive Check-Out – Grants join permissions to the everyone role (by default, all users can join the check-out)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Audi

please go through this ok.if u need more details on this let me know ok .

When data is to be modified, it is always safer to maintain a lock over it so that others are not able to modify it at the same time. It acts as a kind of locking mechanism and guarantees consistency.

Checked Out records should become read only for other users.

Only the owner of the check out should have the permission to allow others to join the check out. Any of the joined users may check in the data back.