cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change Sync BO names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on custom enhancements of xMAM3.0 application. Here I got a requirement where I need to change the Sync BO names at back-end. So, if I change the Sync BO names at back-end what all the changes do I need to do at front-end, so that my application remains has to work as same as now.

Regards,

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajan_venkatachalam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

If you change the SyncBo name at the backend then you need to download meRepMeta.xml from MCD(transaction: merep_sbuilder), where you would have assigned the changed SyncBo name.

Once you dowloaded the meRepMeta.xml then you need to replace the existing meRepMeta.xml with this in an existing application of the old syncbo and make sure that you change the hard coded reference of old syncbo if you have in the app and you need to upload the .war in MI server thru webconsole or NWA.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Rajan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I thought it worth mentioning - if you do changes in SyncBos it means that you loose SAP support.

So normally it is a last resource and is only recommended when you absolutely must and custom tables is not a solution.

You have to ask yourself: does changing name is really worth loosing all support?

It is absolutely transparent for a front-end user and only affect cust. enhancements developers and MAM admin in production. Those people should be computer savvy anyway.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

just an additional note.

changing a name is almost the same as creating a new syncbo and deleting the other. as what had been mentioned you need to update the metadata xml in your

app archive, reupload and redeploy it. now, if this is something you need to do in

the production system, there could be some implications like the recreation of the

replica db and other syncbo dependent tables in the middleware.

i think there's no "rename" functionality with the current release...

regards

jo