Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually enter forcast/demand in SNP Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Kindly help me there are two questions on my mind. First

1. How to create manually forecast in SNP planning book? and also in RRP3? (if the product is in house it automatically creates planned order, if externally procured PREQ but how about forecast using product view?

2. If the forecast is in the past but I want to upload that in the SNP Planning book?

Even if I change the period structure date it does not reflect the past dates in the planning book. Since the planning book of SNP is standard how am I be able to change the planning book time bucket start date.

Thanks and Best Regards!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the first question - you can either type your forecast directly in the SNP planning book (Forecast keyfigure), or you can use report /SAPAPO/SJKTST04 to populate the keyfigure (9ADFCST or whatever you use) and category FA with data (this should be used for testing only, see note 886075). During your normal work you should release the forecast to SNP instead of inputing it

For the second one - as the SNP planning happens in the future (you cannot create planned orders for the past) it should not matter when the past forecast is displayed. It goes to the "Initial" column and if forecast in the past is taken into consideration, it will be used for future planning. There are no buckets in the past,as for the planning purposes they are not needed.

br,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Kindly elaborate and guide me how to use the report it is my first time to run this.

Then for my second question, in 9snp94 it does mean that I cannot browse the past dates since the start in the planning book is always the current date.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in /SAPAPO/SJKTST04 you set the type of order FCST, then you planning area and version, keyfigure to populate (your forecast keyfigure, probably 9ADFCST), the order type (usually FA)

In the details you set product, date to start, in horizon - the number of orders to create, if you set 10, you'll get 10 orders starting from your start date).

Unfortunately through here, you gan create orders with fixed quantity only and also for only one product/location combination.

If you already have DP available, even for testing I find it more easy to release forecast from there.

For your second question - at least for 4.1 (I don't have a 5.0 system to check) you cannot have past dates in a column other than "Initial"

Hope that helps,

br,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now its clear. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Answers (0)