cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator for AIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to install SAP in a AIX Machine

Pls let me know , if there is any simulater for AIX, so that i can see how the AIx Machine GUI would be

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You mean an AIX emulator?... I think you can downloads AIX terminal emulator but i don't think you'll find one that give you enough tools to tun GUI... anyhow, at the end of the day you don't need to use the AIX GUI to install or maintain SAP... as long as you can access a terminal session and have use of smit commands you should be fine.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i was thinking that SAP installaiton would be easier using GUI thank by using comand prompt

Pls coment on this

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You don't need to install SAP using commands... you need an Xserver client installed on your PC so when you call sapinst you are able to display the GUI.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since i have not seen an AIX Machine and these steps. I would be thankful to you if you can send me the link for the Screenshots document

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Seems like you don't have any hand on expirience with AIX... you need to learn at lease the basics so you can install an SAP system...

I think the best for you is to do some research about it before thinking on deploying SAP, you need to know the basic AIX administration commands, how to use SMIT, setting env variables, set users, set volumes, etc... how to use and xserver, learn the basic aix commands to troubleshoot any errors.. etc.

I don't have a screenshot document and i think your best shot is follow the sap installation guide...

regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOL looks like you're looking for a AIX env but so far there's no simulator for AIX.... Personally I do have a pSeries machine which has 4 x 64 bitCPUs, 8G memory and 300G+ disks, running AIX 5.3. Anybody wants it for $4000?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

There is no difference on how unix systems looks, its a character based system with no fancy gui interface. A hands-on a linux system will also help you, its free and you can install it on your intel box.

If you have access to service marketplace, download SAP installation documentation for the platform you desire and the documentation is quite detailed and will help you learn UNIX commands.

Regards,

Nisch