cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am little bit confusing, as said in the Netweaver developers guide, VC is used in less complex applications and Web DynPro in more complex apps.

So, How one can decide which is less complex and which is not??. How to measure the complexity and in which terms??

How to decide between webdynpro and VC??. How far it is successful, VC??.

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

after having a short exposure to both WD and VC, I think VC can be used for fairly simple applications which you can develop by using tables and forms as the UI elements. The customisation possibilities of VC are thus quite limited.

The main difference between WD and VC is the intended audience of them. VC is aimed at the non-programmers or analysts who just want to quickly model a UI for a BAPI / several BAPI's jointly, for example. With WD you have many more doors open. You can make very customised applications and in general have more control on what you are doing since you're working on the code level.

I think you could find an analogy for the two technologies from the early days of html page development. There were some wysiwyg (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) tools which didn't require you to do any coding but weren't very flexible. Whereas on the other hand, the more serious web developers did their pages by coding straigt html and javascripts on their pages.

So if you have a simple application e.g. for creating sales orders and calling a single bapi, I'd go with VC if there's no customisation. But if you have a bigger sales order tracking tool with different options, I'd go with WD instead.

Bear in mind also that with WD you can create standalone applications on the WAS without needing a portal. So if you are creating apps with VC, they have to be deployed on a portal.

Regards,

MIkko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mikko,

Thank you very for your time. Now, I have fair conclusions on this issue. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

please also remember to award points if you found the answer good enough.

Thanks,

-Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mikko,

Actually I award the points as soon as I read the replies. I did this time also, and awarded 10 points, bcoz my problem is been solved. Unfortunately, if we switch to another topic , I think points wont be awarded.

Thanks anyways for your help.

//raj

Answers (0)