cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Cache - Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When I right-click a Planning Area and choose 'Initialize Planning Version' , I get a message that says " No link to Live Cache". Could anyone tell me what could be the problem and how to solve this issue.

I've read the previous posts on the same issue, and I've used Tx:LC10, and even executed a program to check the Live Cache consistency.

In LC10 the icon is not Green, it is Yellow.

Does this mean that the LiveCache is not Active?

After executing the program /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK, i get that there are no inconsistencies in my Planning area and planning version, however it does not say anything abt the problem I'm facing with the Live Cache.

Regards,

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto LC10 and give the connection name and click on monitoring in that goto operating and start live cache then it turns to green

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the trouble. However, I've done this already, but the icon does'nt seem to turn GREEN. I'm getting a POP-UP that says that the "The Two Database users do not match. Adjust the integration information or define the database user in the USER PROFILE CONTAINER.

It tells me to refer SAP Note 616555.

What could be the problem.

Regards,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marvin Jones,

Go to LC10, take LCA connection & click on integration button. Here, the standard livecache user should be an id with admin rights on the server. That could be only the problem.

Rgds,

SB

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marvin,

• "In LC10 the icon is not Green, it is Yellow.

Does this mean that the LiveCache is not Active?"

In LC10 the icon 'state' is Yellow: The liveCache is only available for the administrator for administrative purposes (operation state ADMIN).

If in LC10 the icon 'state' is Green: The liveCache is operational (operation state ONLINE) and users can log on.

• Please check the connection settings in LC10 -> Integration for LCA connection:

a) You will the liveCache server name and liveCache instance name.

b) On the "user data" tab, what is the DBM user (default:CONTROL) and

the standard liveCache user (default:SAPR3 or SAP<SID>) and their passwords

(default: DBM user -> control;standard liveCache user -> sap ) you entered?

• Did you review the SAP note 616555 liveCache >= 7.4: Password change?

Please update with additional information:

-> Did you install the liveCache instance from CD?

-> What is the liveCache version? What are the DBM, DBA users & standard liveCache user in your liveCache?

-> Please run on the liveCache server following commands & update with output ::

xinstinfo <SID>

dbmcli -s inst_enum

dbmcli -s db_enum

dbmcli -d <SID> -u control,control db_state

< if you created the instance using DBMGUI, try to connect with dbm user, dbm pwd>

dbmcli -d <SID> -u <DBM-user>,<pwd> user_getall

dbmcli -d <SID> -u <DBM-user>,<pwd> user_get <user-name>

dbmcli -d <SID> -u <DBM-user>,<pwd> param_directget CONTROLUSERID

• If you have any questions about liveCache/MAXDB database please post the question at MAXDB/liveCache forum

• For SAP liveCache documentation in English < See the SAP note 767598 >:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f2/0271f49770f0498d32844fc0283645/frameset.htm

Please also review the documents at service.sap.com/liveCache

< -> Documentation >.

• As you are SAP customer, it's also good idea to create the SAP ticket to component 'BC-DB-LVC', therefore we could logon to your system via OSS and could discuss this case in more details.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (0)