cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation connection point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

This is with reference to Transportation connection point in Transportation. Our client is mfg. of cement. They distribute cement in the layer as State –Region -Distict –subdictrict –Taluka – Villages. We are using some fields of Customer master general date for State –Region -Distict –subdictrict –Taluka. We are using Village ie. Final destination as Unloading point in customer master.

While defining connection point with unloading point it gives reference of Unloading point ie. Customer specific. We don’t want it customer specific. If there are 10 customers of same destination I have to define 10 connection points and accordingly 10 routes to be created for the same destination.

If I use above address field of connection point there will be no final destination and no validation with the same location.

Ex. If My initial Transportation connection point for destination A is 2010101010 sytem allows me to create same destination A as 2010101011 ( New Transportion connection point ) Idealy it should restrict to create new connection point with same data.

We are in submission of BBP phase Request to look in this urgently and provide us feedback for the same.

Regards,

Atul Chaudhari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

SAP defines transportation connection point from your Plant to the customer location.

So in the case of 10 customers 10 connection points will be created as the customer addresses are different, and will have 10 different routes.

We had done a similar thing. Suppose in town/village, you have 10 customers. You just create 1 single route for the same and assign that route for all the 10 customers. By that way u will be able to have a control on the system.

Regards,

Anirban.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!!