cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Dependencies (SCs)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somebody already obtained to create in the "SLD" a Dependence between SCs?

We made the steps of link below, to qualify the dependence of a SC-A for a SC-B, but we are not obtaining to add the DCs ("Used DCs") of the SC-B in the SC-A.

link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/a552306887d4428239a5aec74aabe3/frameset.htm

Thanks for your help and I'm waiting.

Robson Lima

Sao Paulo - Brasil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is not quite clear, so I'll first tell you what I think your question is:

You have defined a dependency between two SC's in the SLD, but you are not able to define Used DC's of SC-B in SC-A while working in NWDS.

This is probably the result of an incorrect Development Track setup in CMS. Check the development track and see if SC-B is listed under Required Software Components.

If this is not the case, you need to reconfigure the track. If you defined this dependency after you added SC-A to the track, you need to go back to the CMS Web UI - Landscape Configurator and click Update CMS, then delete SC-A from the track and re-add it. SC-B should now automatically be displayed under Required Software Components.

Now, depending on where SC-B is coming from you need to do different things:

1. If SC-B is developed within the same track, just add it to the track as you did with SC-A.

2. If SC-B is developed by yourself in another track you need to set up a Track dependency.

3. If it is an SC that is not developed by yourself, you must import it into the track (use the Check-In in the Transport Studio of CMS) tab. Note that the SCA file for this SC must be present in the JTrans/inbox directory on the server's filesystem. (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/6760b8d7b64b6eb74052eb5bdf1405/content.htm for more information)

Once you've set up your track correctly, you need to re-import the Development Configuration in NWDS.

PS. This question actually belongs in the JDI forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

this "track dependency" is defined in the Tab "Track Connections" in CMS????

thanks...

Robson Lima

Sao Paulo - Brazil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes