cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to copy all Authorisation Profiles & Roles from one client to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Doing a local client copy (via SCCL) how can I copy all the Authorisation Profiles and Roles from one client to another?... ie I can see that there is the profile SAP_USER but this profile will also copy across the User Master records, I can't see a profile that only specifies Authorisation Profiles and Roles???

Thanks

Sharon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharon,

Use SAP_PROF to copy to copy Only Authorization Profiles and Roles.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou all for your responses

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Alternatively, you can do a mass download using PFCG and the just import in the new client.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using 4.6C and when I go into SCCL and click on the profile drop down I cannot see a SAP_PROF profile. What I have discovered is that if I select any of the available profiles (eg SAP_USER) then click execuet in background, a dialogue box appears when I have the option of de-selecting the User Masters and putting a tick in just the "Authorisation Profiles & Roles" box?... will this work?

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharon,

There is an another way.

Goto the target client and go to PFCG.

From menu select Role--->Read from other system from RFC. Select the RFC destination of the source client and press enter.

Now you will get a list of all the roles. You need to select the roles and then the roles will get copied from source client to target client.

I would not recommend selecting all the roles in a single go (it might give an ABAP dump !!) but in smaller lots.

What you can do is download all the files you want in a excel. Copy a reasonable number of roles and when you get the pop up for selecting roles then press the filter icon in the pop up. There you will options for giving roles of your choice as input.

Once all the migration is done then go SUPC and give the imported roles as input and execute it. Execute it in foreground first. In the next screen do the profile generation in background.

Regarding client copy option you were mentioning I think it will also work. Though I have not done it myself so won't to put all money on it.

Regards.

Ruchit.