Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application startup order.

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a J2EE app running on Web AS 7.0 Java. Now this app uses its own database which it connects to via JDBC. The problem is this:

When the server is starting up it starts our app before it finishes starting the JDBC connection that our app uses. So during our app's startup it looks for a JDBC alias which isn't there yet. So we have to restart our app an additional time whenever we restart the server so that our app can start with the JDBC alias already up and running.

So my question is how do we set Web AS to not start our app until the JDBC connection is running?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

Anybody have any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen ,

I have faced the similar situation with my ABAP stack and Java engine,. My ABAP stack takes time to start where as Java server try to start and communicate with ABAP stack and it will fail after 4 restarts. I have to re start it manually, after ABAP stact is up.

This is sorted in our case when we change the ABAP stack on a different server. Just sharing my exp.... may not be useful...

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

There is a way to control startup order by putting references in the application-j2ee-engine, but the easiest way to deal with that problem is to define the datasource within your application by packaging data-sources.xml inside your META-INF :

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/bb/69da54d8aedc419d46d9ea074e4d41/frameset.htm">defining datasources</a>

It will be started together with your application always.

HTH

Peter

Answers (0)