cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed for channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an RFC -> XI -> HTTP scenario. I am getting this error when running the RFC in R/3. Does anyone know the resolution for it? Thanks in advance.

SYSTEM_FAILURE received: lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed for channel 'hotkey'

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I finally found the dialog Edit Adapter-Specific Identifiers but in the R/3 System ID and Client fields are empty. I suppose that I have to change this in SLD->Business Landscape but when I checked the configuration of my Business System I realized that I configured it as a Third-Party TS so WEB AS ABAP systems type seems to be the right choice. Is this correct? My escenario is that I want to complete the document: Validating a Connection Between SAP R/3 and SAP XI with RFC.

Is there any How to Docs about configuring the BS an TS in the SLD?

Thanks for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is true. I had to set up my R3 system (which is not really WebAS) as WEBAS ABAP in the SLD.

There is some info on SLD design at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/97/9d84494b9f45caabe0713296d89b72/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

Thank you that solved my problem. One point to notice is that it's very useful to use the transaction RZ70

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the following:

1. Open the service holding the RFC adapter you are trying to use. On the top menu, goto Service -> Adapter Specific Identifiers..

2. Check that the R/3 System ID is equal to the one specified in the SLD.

3. In change mode, you will also have a button for comparing with system landscape.

You should concider clearing the SLD data cache before the steps above.

Remember that you can not define a RFC sender adapter for a Business service. You will need to configure it under a Business System defined in the SLD.

Bjorn Espen

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's too difficult find the menu..

1) XI's Integration Directory(Configuration: Integration Builder

2) Scenarios -> Service Without Party -> Business System -> <My Business System> : Double Click

3) Edit Mode

4) Service -> Adapter-Specific Identifiers

5) Compare with SLD