cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy WD Java app to the remote J2ee engine using NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a clustered server instance configuration in our environment.

I have already added the message server port and the server details in the remote J2ee engine configuration in NWDS through windows->preferences .

I found the port no. and the host server name using <servername>:<portname>sap/monitor/systeminfo

Also, I can see the SDM , dispatcher and the server running/shown in green in the J2ee engine setting.

But when I was trying to connect deploy and run the application, first it asks for the SDM password and after entering it , it aborts with the following message :

Sep 18, 2007 8:32:15 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : XXX00

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/check1/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp11565my_pro.ear

Deployment exception : Server XXX00 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server XXX00 at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server XXX00 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server XXX00 at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Can anyone let me know what can be the reason.

Best Regards

Sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have firewall between your NWDS location and J2EE server blocking access to port 50018. To check if 50018 accessible run "telnet <J2EE hostname> 50018" on NWDS host and see if you get a prompt.

Also make sure SDM server is up and running on your J2EE host.

Regards,

Mike