cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode installation versus none Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one:

My system is 4.7 retention 200 nonunicode system. Finally my installation CD's have arrived and I was hopeful I have everything in place. However, As I am starting the upgrade (Prepare phase) it is complaining that my system is not unicode system and prepare shuts down.

I thought I have option for upgrading the system to ECC6 without moving to Unicode. Sure thing when I checked the Master upgrade DVD all the files inside is unicode. Is this mean I have to upgrade to unicode system for ECC6?

Also, I am checking the software download depot, I do not see any upgrade package for none unicode system. Can some one shed some light on this issue?

Regards,

KG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I got it, I undrestand now.

Regards,

KG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exact message is as follow:

Mismatch between system and upgrade package: system is non-unicode; package is unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

KG,

You'll need to convert your system to Unicode first. Please see the following link for more information:

http://service.sap.com/unicode@sap -> Unicode Library -> Unicode Conversion Library

Thanks,

Mark Novak

mark.novak@eds.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KG,

Mark is right, future versions of SAP applications will be exclusively in 64-bit and Unicode starting in 2007. So you need a conversion first.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one for the reply. However, I am not sure if that is freezable in our environment since English is the only language we will be using. Also I found a Q&A regarding Unicode versus none unicode. In this note basically it is saying none unicode version of ERP2005 will be supported.

Can you please answer this question, I have 2 sets of installation CD's, One is netweaver 2004S and the other ERP2005. This is confusing me as which upgrade CD's I should be using?

The only media list I am finding is for netweaver2004S. I undrestand ERP2005 technology is based on netweaver2004, but why 2 sets of different installation DVD's?

I want to upgrade from 4.7 extention 200 to ECC6, which installation CD's and installation Guides do I use?

Regards,

KG