cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI and backend Webdynpro model classes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Three basic questions:

1. Does it have to be a BAPI for backend connection or any remote RFC-enabled FM will do?

2. Do I have to map all the (BAPI's) FM's import and export parameters into the model relations and their cardinalities or can i pick and choose the ones that I'm after? If so, how do I know which are essential and which ones I can ignore?

3. Between the wizards and the plethora of objects that need to be created and linked what is the most consuming aspect of configuring (I don't think anyone would want to write code for all of them) a backend webdynpro?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should map the input&output nodes to the component controller if you are calling the ".execute()" method in the componentController.

ComponentController will get the data through contextmapping only.So this is must.

For creating the models you can make use of the templates available at componentcontroller and view also.

Without writing any piece of code you can execute the RFC and display the results on the UI.Just through mapping !!!

Regards, Anilkumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

1. Any BAPI or remote RFC-enabled FM will work for RFC model in webdynpro aswell as in any J2ee application.

2. At the time of creating model, you can't specify the import and export parameters you want to use. But, at the time of mapping model to component controller you can choose import and export parameters which you want and leave others.

3. As of my knowledge you donot have to do any configuration except configuring JCO connections.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

re "at the time of mapping model to component controller you can choose import and export parameters which you want and leave others."

Isn't preparing the model, creating relations, and mapping them to the controller the most time consuming task in the whole exercise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I don't have a prepackaged Adaptive RFC model for my FM, my only option for Java proxy creation is to select "Create Configuration Model" and create manually all the objects which will be bound to parameters in the component later on. It's a very time consuming and manual task which is also prone to errors or am I missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The part I have missed initially is the default logical systems for JCo connections. Once I have logged to the SAP box the model was created on the fly, so no coding was needed which is a true RAD environment. I only hope that mapping in the component will go as smoothly as this.

I guess "Create Configuration Model" is for connecting to non-SAP boxes which should be manual and time consuming, shouldn't it;-)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

1) If you are using WebDynpro remote RFC-enabled FM will do.

2) No need you need not Map all the input and output paramaters.

3)check these links related to configuration.

Please refer the following links.

1)For JCO configurations & Settings:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/3a/3b1b40fcdd8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

2)Tutorial on how to call a BAPI :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/66/6f040c5ce8214eaf48c92e691639ed/frameset.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. No Answer .

2. If i am not wrong, a FM will have once Input and Output parameters.So you should map both input & output while creating.

3.Thrid question not very clear to me.Could you please explain little more !!

Regards, Anilkumar