cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Start Up Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed xMII 11.5 successfully on Laptop. OS Win XP Pro SP2 no SAP on it. After installation I was trying to Menu page using following link and getting error page cannot display.

http://<servername>/Lighthammer/Menu.jsp

Can you please suggest what I am doing wrong here?

I have checked services, IIS service is not started. While trying to start manually giving an error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prinesh,

Let me know the error details.

Are you accessing the menu.jsp page from the same system,where you installed?

If you are access from other system, Please register your ipaddress and name in the host file. it is available in the following folder

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once again Jawahar - why are you posting stuff that does not need to be done? I would hate to work with a network with DNS issues that require you to put names and IP addresses in your host file all the time.

Prinesh - did you have to add/remove windows components to get IIS on your laptop? If you are not able to get the IISAdmin / WWW services running then of course xMII will not work. If you did add IIS and used an old i386 directory or older CD then you might need to reinstall XP SP2 to correct any issues with the old dlls you could have introduced with a pre-SP2 CD.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I was able to connect xMII. I have reinstalled complete system and followed procedure.

Now I am able to successfully able to access Menu and Security page.

Thanks for everyone support. You will find now some different questions from me.

Enjoy...

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the Virtual scripts directory inside your website - very typical to overlook this with XP? Have you looked at the Installation Guide in the online help docs for pointers as to what you might have done incorrectly or incompletely?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact ERROR message?

Do you have JAVA installed (version 1.4.2).

Did you check permissions on your folders for xMII, Lighthammer, ServeletExec, wwwroot???

Did you read the Best Practices guide?