Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the system config parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

I am new to SAP basis

I want to change a system config parameter using RZ10.Do i need to import profiles to SAP system every time i change a config parameter?? I did not understand the need to do that.Can somebody explain me the steps in changing system parameters in instance,default and start profiles

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You change parameter T Code RZ10 in instance profile define your parameter and save generate this then restart your system now parameter changed.

Or

You can do via os level C:\usr\sap\ECC\SYS\profile then double click your instance profile (Open in Notepad)and define parameter with value and save and restart your server after restart it will activated

Rewards Point If Helpful

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.When do we need to import all profiles into database/SAP system?? When is that needed??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Importing profiles only need to be done once, and it's for a 'new system' if you never import profiles before.

Changing parameters are always suggested to be done using RZ10 other than changing directly in OS level. Because RZ10 will automatically record the changes like date/time/ID/old values/etc..in case next time another Basis admin want to see the reason/old values of those parameters.

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nivas,

After installation we do this activity <b>Import profile into database</b>.No need for this in old server.

Rewards point if helpful

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nivas,

As soon as you logon for first time on RZ10 you need to import all profile files to application server so that you can see them at SAPGUI.

Initially the profiles will be located in OS in \usr\sap\SID\SYS\profiles.

Logon to RZ10 go to Utilities --> Import Profiles --> Of Active Servers.

All the profiles you will be able to see at GUI level now. Then select the profile and select extended Maintenace Click on change you will be able to see profile parameter and able to change their values too.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek