cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table column names in multiple lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using OTR for the table column names. I want to split it into more than 1 line in case the length of the header is long. Can someone suggest me some way of doing this.

Thanks in advance. Will reward points for helpful answer.

Regards

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Simply use the wrapping property ...

regards,

volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

There is not property for the labels of the table column. Please suggest.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mukesh,

There's no wrapping for the caption of the column, only for its contents.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply.

This means that there is no provision for splitting the column labels of tables into multiple lines. In my case, I have long texts for the column labels and it makes the layout look non-professional. Can't we play around with the label text to achieve it? Please suggest me with your valuable inputs.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Wrapping obviously is really not supported. What you can do is to fix the width of the whole column.

Table Property Table.fixedTableLayout=true

TableColumn Property with=??px

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

if you do this it will restrict the table within the page.But if a text of all cells are long and you have to show them then you have to set big pixek values for them. So it will be again out of page, you have to use hoz scrol to see them. Even you forcefully fixed them in page, then text will be truncated.

We should find a generic solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mukesh,

I believe that, at the time being, there's no way to do it. Maybe in a newer support package we'll have some kind of "wrapping" option to the labes os columns (column headers) or even the possibility to embed some tag (such as <br> or '\n') into the text property of the label to force the break line.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

This is real problem for me now as the client wants to have have the labels in more than one row. Anyways.

Can you help me in another problem which I am facing. I have a cancel button which when clicked should close the browser. I have followed the instructions given in the blog /people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/06/05/how-to-close-parent-window-in-webdynpro-applications but still it didn't work. I have tried an alternate option i.e. I have create an html file having javascript to close the browser and I have put it in mime repository and tried to redirect to that html when the close button of the exit plug of my WDA application. But even this didn't work. Can you suggest me how can this functionality be achieved.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mukesh,

As stated in this , at the time being there's no <i>official</i> solution. But as a workaround, I have followed all steps described in that blog you've pointed out, and it worked.

Just to be sure: is your webdynpro application inside an iView? Because I have tested it standalone, not from the EP.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Can you please tell me what is the javascript you have written in the logoff page as mentioned in the blog.

Also, I am facing one more problem now. I have created an iView for my WebDynpro ABAP application and the link for this iView is in a page which has been done using home page framework. Now I want the iView to be opened in a new window and accordingly I have set the properties of the iView but it does not open in a new window. Can you please suggest.

Regards

Mukesh