cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating Dropdown lists in Interactive form using BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to populate some drop down lists in our Interactive Form from a BAPI. Our Interactive form is built in Web Dynpro Java. Drop down list should display the same selections as what shows up in R3 when executing this BAPI. We already have set up the Adaptive RFC Model, but how do we get the dropdown lists populated?

1) What should the Binding look like? Do we need to code?

2) Does the Adaptive RFC model (BAPI) that we imported contain the values for the dropdown lists, or do we need to import additional models??

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Message was edited by:

Robby Thakur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robby,

a. Create an RFC with exporting tables with drop down values.

b. Write the java code in the init method of the view to populate the drop down nodes from the RFC tables. loop at these tables and bind them to the attribute using .put statement.

You can refer the samples in the interactive Forms homepage or elearning tutorials.

A quick search in thos forum will also help.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

I am not sure when you say "Create RFC with <b>exporting tables</b> with drop down values". The BAPI that I am importing in NWDS is "BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE". Can I assume that this BAPI automatically exports tables?

I have looked at all the tutorials in SDN, but I didn't find a clear solution for my issue: How to get the suitable values in drop-down lists from the backend. I want the dropdown lists on my Adobe form to have the same values as when I execute the task in R3.

Thanks for your initial answer, but please provide more clarification.

Your help is much appreciated…

Thanks again.

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robby,

Check the BAPI, if it is providing the data to fill in the drop down. If yes,assign this data values to the Dropdown element binded attribute in the context of the view. Do the coding at the appropriate method.

Hope this helps,

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

The BAPI is providing _input, _output nodes, and bunch of tables that end up in the data dictionary of my Dynpro Project. I do not see any values in the tables though! I'm not an ABAP expert, so can you please tell me an easy way to check if the BAPI is providing the data?

Once again, I’m looking for the data to populate the dropdown lists, so the user will have the same selections in the Adobe form fields as they are filling in the form in R3.

I really appreciate your help. I have been stuck with this issue for two weeks now!

Thanks,

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to my previous response, do you think I need to use the following RFC Calls to get Help Values?

RFC_READ_TABLE and RFC_GET_TABLE_ENTRIES

For example:

Find the field that I need the dropdown values for, then figure out which R3 table it belongs to, and then use RFC_READ_TABLE to get help values, and then use java code to populate the dropdown lists? I was hoping there was an easier way

Thanks,

Rob