cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement of creating an emtpy file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement of creating an emtpy file along with the result file onto the same target directory. I believe since the protocol is FTP , I can not use the option of Run operating system command after message processing and use a command like "touch" to generate an empty file.

So in case I make use of another receiver channel, how can I create an empty file with that?

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

If u are on SP 15 and above, I think you can use multimapping for the scneario.

One message for the actual file and the other for empty file.

I hope u can use content conversion to create empty file.

say u have a ouput MT like

RecordSet

-

Data

If you populate empty string (Constant with no value) to Data and do content conversion with params.

RecordSet.fieldseparator - '0'

RecordSet.endSeparator - '0'

I hope that you will get an empty file.

Try this option.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use content conversion in the way Sudharshan Aravamudan suggested it might actually work. Without content conversion you won't get an empty file.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may be you can create another target structure (1 field) to which you are passing only "SPACESS" then put this empty strucutre in the FTP Directory using the other Communication channel.

this should work

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

call a batch program in your XI server by using the run operating system command after processing which will do

1) creation of empty file

2)FTP that file to the location

For FTP upload script, this might be help ful http://www.ericphelps.com/scripting/samples/FtpFileUpload/index.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you use a File Comm. Channel, and write a batch program to run after the message processing? Write the message to a temporary directory. The batch program can then handle the FTP logon, the transfer of the data file and creation of the empty file for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See also this thread: