cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popups: Navigation from view to window does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I open a second window as popup. This window has 2 views embedded, displaying view1 first. On some actions I would like to navigate to view2.

Defining an outbound plug on view1 and an inbound plug on view2, connecting them and firing the outbound withith the onaction works absolutely fine.

However, for some reasons I would like to avoid a direct navigation, but would like to navigate from view1 to the popupo window and from there to view2 (or maybe another view, ofcourse also embedded in the same popup window). Unfortunately I fail on this scenario - I can fire the view-to-window plug, but the destination on the window side (handle in method) is never reached.

Since the same concept works fine on non-popup windows I wonder whether a navigation from view to embedded window does not work for popups?

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just Make a button on your popup window, then try to fire a plug to the view you want to reach. The scenario will be:

Fire a plug from view1 to Popup Window and on Onaction Button in Popup Window Fire a plug to the view2 .

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archit,

yes, a direct link from one view to another works fine, even in a popup.

My issue is that I want for some reasons to navigate from the view via the window to the other view. And here I am surprised that the navigation view -> window never reaches the window (for popups).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

The problem could be that since you are creating a popup, (which is basically creating a new window), the navigation fails.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

but shouldn't it be possible to navigate from the popup view to the popup window?

Best regards

Lars

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

As Window will not have the visual entities if we navigate to the winow then nothing visual entity will be present to display over the popup.

But if you want to the control to navigate to the window we can use the event concept. Create a event in component controller and write a event handler in window(where we want the control to go) fire the event from the view(from where we want to navigate to the window), as you know we can also pass the parameters in the event.

Best regards,

Suresh

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I didnt got the point "I can fire the view-to-window plug, but the destination on the window side (handle in method) is never reached." . what i understand from this u are trying to first a plug from view of one window to another window which is not possible . can u write more on this .

Regards,

Yashpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

no, just one window.

The first link is view1 -> window, the second window -> view2.

I.e., I fire in the view the outbound plug, which is connected with its window.

In the window I fire an outbound plug, which is connected to view2.

In theory this should work - for non-popup windows I do not have any problem at all, however, for popup windows the navigation from view1 to the window is not processed.

In the meantime I played a little bit further: Instead of firing a navigation from view1, I now fire an event defined in the component contoller, on which an event method is registered within the window. Doing so, I reach the window, which I didn't reach via the navigation link. Once in the window, firing to view2 works just fine ...

Hope the issue is a bit clearer now. Also I found a solution, I am surprised that the simpler way via navigation does not work.