Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to send Email to user by using BPM?

I have a problem , when mapping realted error occurs then, i need to send a Email to the user.

how to do this?

Thnx

RAMS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While designing the Integration Process, u need to perform certain steps:

. Create a block.Inside that block use a transformation step and a send step for ur normal scenario.

2. Now define an exception inside the block containing a transformation and a send step.This transformation will be for the message sent through email.

3.Configure the receiver Email adapter and complete the entire scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

rams,

use the control step in the bpm and make the property as throw alert...

also u wud b reqd to create a alert ctegory in the Xi system before creating the alert step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal, Thnx for your answer. Where to use control Step? please explain me in detail!

I want send a email to user if anything goes wrong in mapping and in interation engine also?

Thnx alot!

Rams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAMS

basically there are two ways to do it

First you need to raise an exception for your mapping (transformation step) and then in the exception branch you can catch the exception and make reaction

option 1. use a send step to send a message to a mail receiver.

option 2. raise an alert (alert configuration is required)

Regards

Hui

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hui,

Thanks alot for your quick answer!

I am not that much familiar in XI. Please expalin me in detail.

Please explain me in detail all your options! I have idea on your approch! but i am not clear about what i know.

Thnx

RAMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAMS

For option 1:

1. you need define a block, e.g. block1

2. you define a exception for the block1, e.g. mapping_error

3. you put your transformation step in the block, and set the exception as mapping_error. (so if an mapping error occurs, a mapping_error exception is raised).

4. add an exception branch to block1 which handles the exception mapping_error

5. in the exception branch you use a send step to send a message to a email receiver (you need make configuration in Integration Directory to route the message to an email receiver).

For more information, you need to search the XI BPM documents.

Regards,

Hui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

putting exception for transformation step surely take care of mapping realted errors. if we put an exception branch to the block (for sending the email) , what are the situations it will be used. Any how mapping related errors are taken care by exception in mapping program! What else problems will be there in addition to mapping failure that cause Email triggering?

Thnx

RAMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

rams,

after the step on which u feel, error has occured, u have to use the control step.

I guess, just search forum on "Configuring alert" and u wud find guide for the same. and surely u wud learn as well..

assign points fr helpful answers.

regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

no need of BPM or any control step,simply configure alerts in ALRTCATDEF and it will handle all type of errors in mapping and Integration Engine and adapter engine have a look at the following

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Aamir: RAMS. query mentions about sending emails using BPM..

>>>How to send Email to user by using BPM?

I have a problem , when mapping realted error occurs then, i need to send a Email to the user.

regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx amar, wht if we have to send email alert by using BPM?

plz explain me.

RAMS

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RAMS,

1. Define a block inside the BPM and define all the receive, transform and send steps inside the block.

2. Select the block and

a. right click on it Select Insert --> Exception Block 0r

b. press ctrlshiftx.

3. Name the exception handler blog to sendmail.

4. For all the transform and send steps property u can find an option Exception, set the System Error property to sendmail(name of the exception handler).

5. Inside the exception handler have a send step to send out a mail.

Note: all the configuration part should be done to send out the mail.

Regards

San

there is a Way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply,

Could you please explain in detail about the 5th step , that is how to send mail using send step.

Thnx

RAMS

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RAMS,

>>explain in detail about the 5th step , that is how to send mail using send step

1.Create an Receiver mail adapter communication channel.

3. Define the Receiver determination and Interface detemination for Mail.

2. Define the receiver aggrement i.e sender BPM and Receiver Mail server.

To send a mail follow this blog...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685">Receiving [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Where There is a <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/weblogs/topic/16">blog</a> there is a Way.