cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc To File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here my scenario is to convert the Purchase Order Idoc into XML file.

There are two different scenario's on the same requirement.

First Requirement: I have to convert the Purchase Order Idoc into XML file( The file contains the fields like po_number, date, vendor, material, quantity)

Second Requirement: I have to convert the PO created with repairable material into XML file( The file contains the fields like po_number, date, vendor, material, serial , quantity).

I need your help in developing the scenario.

Shall i need to create two different scenario's or one scenario is enough to handle this situation.

Kindly suggest the different possible solutions to handle such situations.

What i think is if i develop two different scenarios the follwoing problem will araise.

If i trigger the Idoc at R/3 side i will get two files in destination because Idoc can have all the fields which mentioned in my requirement.

If i need to develop a single scenario, how to do. kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1)You can create two scenarios-Both IDoc to XML.Since you say the target fields are available in the IDoc itself..simple go for One to One mapping in both cases and you can take the IDoc itself on the target side and you will get IDoc-xml.No need to create another target Datatypes.

2)Using one scenario,create two targets.Import them and in message mapping take both of them and map the required fields.

Both of them can be done without bpm.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monika,

As per u'r suggestion if i create two different scenario's to handle my situation, one problem will araise. suppose if i trigger idoc at R/3 side it will generate two files in the target directory because the fields from first scenario and the fields from second scenario will be available in Idoc, so i will get two target files. Please correct me if iam wrong.

Regards,

Venakt

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

go thru that blog which says about MultiMapping and Simple BPM.

That will help u to complete ur Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you create 2 scenarios then also 2 files will be created provided communication channels of both the scenarios are active.And if you have a single scenario then also the same will happen.It is just the same only the matter of convenience.

How are you triggering the iDoc..Using we 19 or the Report program in r/3

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

using WE19, but only one file should create at destination directory based on the requirement if in my idoc serial field value exists then the second requirement should trigger otherwise first reuirment should happen.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Then you need to use condition determination or map the fields according to your requirements.Using the above methods shall create 2 files.

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If ur sender and receiver structures are same, then configure a single scenario and all the business funtionalities could be handling at mapping part of XI

Regards,

Prateek

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cn check the condition either on the mapping level or on the receiver determination.

Q.if in my idoc serial field value exists then the second requirement should trigger

on the root node of the tagret field write this condition (create node only if your above conditin satisfies)

follow the same for the second one also.

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use multimapping to complete ur scenario.

Refer the link for multimapping,

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure