cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error...Name expected error text refers to what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the error text from the trace is

<i>Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Name expected: 0x3e(:main:, row:1, col:45)</i>

How will I know which name is this referring to? Message mapping consists of a Java mapping and then a graphical mapping.

Thanks so much in advance!

-Joy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The result of your Java mapping is not valid XML.

Test the Java mapping alone and put the result of the Java mapping in the test tool of the Java mapping as input.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

For some reason I could not explain, when we tried to reprocess one of those failing messages, it was already successfully sent to its corresponding receiver system. I have never thought that there was a connection issue back then because we had already tried to resend them last time and they are still in error status. Also, since 2006, the mapping has not changed.

However, only one message remained in error and its new error text is <b>Parsing an empty source. Root element expected!</b>. I could not find the cause of this error as I have already compared the xml of the erroneous one and the successful one but I could not see any difference. Is anyone familiar with this kind of error?

Thanks. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I faced and similar issue. It was because teh data within the XML tag contained "&" symbol. When this character was removed the error was resolved. Hope this info will be useful to some one.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the rest of the error text from the trace:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Name expected: 0x3e(:main:, row:1, col:45) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.Transformer.checkParserException(Transformer.java(Compiled Code)) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.Transformer.start(Transformer.java(Compiled Code)) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.execute(AMappingProgram.java(Compiled Code)) at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.JavaMapping.executeStep(JavaMapping.java(Compiled Code)) at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.Mapping.execute(Mapping.java(Compiled Code)) at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.SequenceMapping.executeStep(SequenceMapping.java:55) at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.Mapping.execute(Mapping.java(Compiled Code)) at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.MappingHandler.run(MappingHandler.java(Compiled Code))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems there is a problem with the UDF not the XI Configurations.

Confirm your UDF is correct.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am thinking that this is a data issue since the interface and the objects used for this is already in the production system since year 2006 and messages started to fail since April 18th of this year only. However, I find it difficult to identify which of the data contents is causing the error.

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think u have used UDF. Problem is with ur UDF code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the user defined functions used for this interface and saw that there are 2 of them: one is used to create segment E1EDK03 and the other one is a DBLookup function for the receiver partner. I will look into the DBLookup function.

However, is it possible to identify which name is expected? because there is no parameter name indicated on the UDF (bare with me if this is a silly question because my knowledge with XI development is still minimal).

Thanks a lot.