Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Question

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing ECS SRM 5.0 with catalog. The requirement is to pick goods from the catalog and link the purchase to a contract.

This is ok, but the problem is that the prices we have in the catalog are net prices, so I do not want any further discounts in the contact.

How would you solve this? I cannot see that it is possible to create an "empty" contract with no discounts, but that is what I need

rgds

Gunnar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunnar,

a catalog is from business perspective the same like a contract. Via the validity

of the items or the whole catalog you can control the life time of the contract.

Catalogs are a great tool to reduce material master records and shift the´

maintainane to the supplier.

I do not know, why you want an additional contract in the system as it is not

necessary. Nevertheless, you can maintain a contract field per line item in the

catalog and use that field for linkage to the contract maintained in SRM or R/3.

Cheers,

Claudia

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the catalog is the contract also for our customer. But they also require to be able to report on their purchases pr contract. So to be able to do that, we need to create contracts in SRM and link them to the purchases in the catalog.

That is ok, but the problem lies in the requirement to create a contact with no rebates as the prices in the catalog is the negotiated price, thus we cannot discount them more

rgds

GAR

Answers (0)