cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get Web-Dynpro plugins for Eclipse?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've downloaded the trail version of "SAP NetWeaver Development Studio" which contains the Web Dynpro. The NWDS is in the fact Eclipse with Web Dynpro Plugins. But I find the version of the eclipse used in NWDS is quite old.

I want to use the latest version of Eclipse and the Web Dynpro plugins. Who knows where can I get the Web-Dynpro plugins?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wei, I don't think that it is possible to do what you want to do.

As you've noticed, NDS is built on an old version of Eclipse. It is possible to add some plugins that were written for the old version of Eclipse but you won't be able to use most of the new plugins.

SAP has a new version of Studio coming out soon (in rampup now I believe) that is based on Eclipse 3.*. It is supposed to be easier to use plugins with that version of Studio (at least based on what I've read).

I think this forum is where they discuss that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

thanks for reply. But the link you offered seems has little to do with my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wei, I'm really sorry about that. I must have pasted the url from the wrong window. I'll look again and try to find the post I was originally trying to paste.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wei. Figured out what happened. It's an annoying 'feature' of SDN that the url doesn't change when you move between different posts or forums. So when I went to the forum and copied the url I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that it hadn't changed.

Here's the link to the "Java EE @ SAP" forum. This is where they discuss the trial versions of the new version of Netweaver Studio I was mentioning.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos