Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy creation doubt - Pls Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I have referred the following blog for abap proxy creation

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

as per the previous replies , <b>we have to generate proxiy from R3 syetm</b> . <b>But</b> in this weblog they are <b>generating from XI server</b> ?

The have doubt in the following passges

<i>We use two clients of XI here. <b>Client 100 acts as XI server</b> .<b>Client 105 acts as a client ABAP proxy</b> which sends employee information as a message to XI which routes the info to a file. Logical flow is depicted as shown below. Note that conversion of sending system format to XI specific format is not done at the outbound side of the XI server.</i>

<b>

a. i have webAS 6.40 . i have R3 6 . So i can generate proxy from R3 it self right ? then how to procedd further .

b. So Proxy and report to call proxy also from R3 SIDE ?

c. If No sender agreement required then in IR only receiver determination and receiver agreement is enough ?

d. Then in receiver Detrmination , do i need to give Business system as sender service ?

</b>

<b> can u please explain this a little bit more ?</b>

Regards.,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

<b>we have to generate proxiy from R3 syetm . But in this weblog they are generating from XI server ?</b>

In this blog, Ravi has taken two different clients in the same system. As the abap code is client independent so it can be generated anywhere irrespective of clients. But while executing the report we cannot do it from the same client as of the IS.So we need to trigger the report from the client 105 which is considered as the client proxy.

check Triggering ABAP PROXY in the blog.

<b>c. If No sender agreement required then in IR only receiver determination and receiver agreement is enough ?</b>

Yes.

<b>d. Then in receiver Detrmination , do i need to give Business system as sender service ?</b>

You can create business system for the R/3 and use it in RD.But the business system dont have any sender communication channel and no need of sender agreement as the data will directly hit the IE of XI.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

Thanks for your valuable replies. So,

<b> i can create proxies from R3 Side ( eg . Development system )

(ii) i can create report in same r3 system to call proxy .

(iii) i can execute report using se38 from same r3 system .</b>

<b>

is my understanding correct ?</b>

if i moved to production same this i have to do on R3 Production system also right ?

Regards .,

Shyam

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes shyam u r right...

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes!!

And you have to transport the R/3 objects to the prod application system.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can transport your developments to QA or PRD systems.

Also read through this guide - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e00e953c-21e5-2910-94bf-e85ba30c...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for All !

Regards.,

Shyam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>a. i have webAS 6.40 . i have R3 6 . So i can generate proxy from R3 it self right ? then how to procedd further .

b. So Proxy and report to call proxy also from R3 SIDE ?

Yes, you can generate proxy and its report program to trigger the proxy in the R3 side.

>>>c. If No sender agreement required then in IR only receiver determination and receiver agreement is enough ?

. Then in receiver Detrmination , do i need to give Business system as sender service ?

There is no need of sender agreement for client proxy since XI adapter lies in the IE. You have to create receiver determination and receiver agreement.

Also you are right you need businees system for sender.

Everything you mentioned are perfect now you can execute ur scenario by executing your report program.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i> a. i have webAS 6.40 . i have R3 6 . So i can generate proxy from R3 it self right ? then how to procedd further .</i>

>>

yes.

<i>b. So Proxy and report to call proxy also from R3 SIDE ?</i>

>>

yes

<i>c. If No sender agreement required then in IR only receiver determination and receiver agreement is enough ?</i>

>>

yes.

<i>d. Then in receiver Detrmination , do i need to give Business system as sender service ?</i>

>>>

your sender will be R3 here. it will be configured as a Business system in your SLD.

so use that as your sender service.