cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer credit process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're in search of a new process to handle the incorrect invoicing of customers via a service order.

This is the scenario:

We have a service order for the unplanned maintenance of a vehicle. There's cost on the order. We run DP90 and generate the Debit memo request and following that we run VF04/01 and generate the billing document (debit memo). We also run settlement for the order.

At this point we realise that the sold-to-party is wrong. This happens very seldom when the master data of the vehicle has not been kept up to date. DP90 is run en-masse (DP95) and once in a while the wrong customer is being debited. Normally what we do in this situation is to credit the customer via a credit note (CR) and manually create a DR for the correct customer. However this process as you can see is a bit flaky...

What's the proper way of doing this? We need to invoice the correct customer for that service order. We can't re-run DP90 as the order has no more billable items.

There must be a standard process of doing this. Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks in advance

Michalis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michail

In this scenario you need to take care of the following :-

1. Check so that in the Partner Procedure all the Partner functions like Bill to party BP, Payer PY are maintained as i) Non mandatory, ii) Non -Unique . That will ensure that you can change/delete/modify the partner functions in the RRB order. [VOPA] is the t-code for modifying the Partner procedures.

2. Once the above is done, then you can simply cancell the existing Invoice [VF11]. Clear the Accounting Documents against the Incorrect Invoice and cancel invoice , against each other.

3. Change the RRB order Partner Functions ---> Assign the correct BP and PY to the order. Save it.

4. Go ahead and bill the RRB again. The Invoice will be generated for the Correct Partner Fn, which account will be debited.

I hope this will resolve your issue, as well keep a track of the transactional sequences for the purpose of audit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the first 2 points. Let's say we cancel the invoice. There's still the sales document. That document will have in the document flow an invoice and an invoice cancellation. I don't think I can delete the sales document. If I don't delete it, I think I can't run DP90 again. When I do so, the system will say that there are no billable items in the order, hence it won't run DP90 again. Am I correct in assuming that? What do I do with that sales order cosument that has already been created?

The order of the documents is the following:

Notifcation - Service Order - Sales Order - Billing Document - Accounting Document

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You dont need to do the DP90 again. You are perfectly clear about the sequence of operations and transactions. What you should do is:

Goto VA02 -->Enter the Sales Order Number ( this sales order is known as the Resource Related Billing Order No.) -->Enter.

Then goto Header->Partner Tab-> Change the Partner Functions Billto Party BP and Payer PY --- from the existing incorrect customer to the correct customer code.

Save the Sales Order.

Now create a fresh Invoice against the same Sales Order via VF01/VF04.

The fresh invoice will have the Partner Function for BP and PY as the correct customer code.

This is what you require.

Moreover, the Document flow will show the entire sequence of operations i.e

Notifcation -->Service Order --> Sales Order --> First Billing Document & Accounting Document --> Cancel Billing Doc & Acc Doc --> New Billing Doc & Acc Doc.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Answers (0)