cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELECT statement in SMARTFORMS/ PRINT PROGRAM? - What is the difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am just beginning to learn smartform for form printing and I was wondering:

Is there any difference on performance if I write my SELECT statement inside the SMARTFORM itself ? (other than writing the SELECT statement inside the print program).

Hope someone can clarify the ambiguities on this matter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No performance issue, you can write you select statements inside your smartform,as you know once you activate smartform it create function module, since you are retriving data inside function module, performance wise we can say it is more better then writing in printprogram.

You can write SELECT statement in your smartform , try to create program lines and write your select statements similar to your Editor(SE38)

Regards,

SaiRam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the smartform is generated into a function module there is no difference in performance due only to where is is coded, it's all just ABAP. The main thing is to make sure your select is efficient and that you are not repeatedly getting the same set of data unnecassarily.

Often the choice of whether to extract extra data in the print program or smartform is governed by which you have access to change.

Regards,

Nick