cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Seeburger FTP and OFTP adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can anybody tell me the difference between Seeburger FTP and OFTP adapters?

On what basis should one make a business decision as to which adapter to go for?

Kindly help urgently.

Regards,

Loveena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loveena,

VANs supported by FTP Seeburger adapter and OFTP Seeburger Adapter are diffrent.

So you will use a adapter specific to the VAN that you want to connect.

Also there is considerable diffrence in the features provided by both the adapters.

Regards,

Sushil

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i know that XI FTP adapter is different from this OFTP adapter.

But there is an FTP adapter provided by Seeburger as well, which is used in an indirect communication in case of a VAN

OFTP adapter can be used in direct as well as indirect communication

So why do we have two separate adapters provided be seeburger

Regards,

Loveena

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe OFTP protocol is used in Europe while FTP is used in other places like USA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

continuation of my previous message, OFTP is over ENX network while FTP is over ANX (american counterpart).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vijay,

I got your point , but what i want to know is just the difference between Seeburger OFTP and FTP adapters?

In which cases to use OFTP and which case to use FTP?

Regards ,

Loveena

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OFTP - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFTP

that should help you understand what actually is a OFTP communication.Note that the normal FTP adapter we have in XI cannot support the same.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Loveena,

OFTP is not supported by default via the standard adapters that we currently have in XI.

But 3rd party vendors like seeburger provides adapters that can help us connect and establish OFTP connectivity.

there are multiple vendors who provide OFTP adapters like seeburger, ACTIS and several others.

<i> On what basis should one make a business decision as to which adapter to go for?</i>

>>

first it depends on wht is the scenario and how u will req. to est. connectivity.

if it is a file system file adapter, Database then JDBC etc.

Secondly it would be to see if the standard adapters in Xi can do the work or not. if it cannot you can buy a 3rd party adapter.

In the case for OFTP, seeburger is a good bet as it is well known and supported in the market.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Loveena

Seeburger EDI Adapter provides an EDI solution on internet via HTTP or AS2 to replace the expensive VAN. It provides some pre-built mappings for IDOC to ANSI X12(810,850,855,856 etc.,) and Idoc to EDIFACT(ORDERS,DESADV,INVOIC etc.,) and has the ability to build your own. These pre-defined mappings transform the IDOC-XML to EDI-XML format.

Seeburger Adapters are used to Connect the applications which are using Message protocol/Transport protocol as CrossIndustry(payment), VAN, OFTP, AS2(EDIINT), Generic and EDI based applications.

Reg seeburger

installation

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=2268965&messageID=3210111

OFTP ist a communication protocol. This has nothing to do with the format you have to transfer.

regards the format you have to clear at which standard you have to transfer the messages. This can be any EDI format. At OFTP area the standard are often VDA or ODETTE.

You can create this messages using different EDI adapters (of course also the mendelson adapter ).

Regards OFTP you need additional software which handle the transfer based on the OFTP standard. Mostly you also need an ISDN card for using this protocol.

We can support you with this software for OFTP transport too.

More info also available at http://www.mendelson-e-c.com/.

have a look at the ACTIS OFTP Adapter

Ref: http://www.actis.atosorigin.de/solutions/en/ACTIS_solutions/SAPXI.php

refer this thread also

Thanks !!