Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is Idoc To File.

I am getting the runtime exception in message mapping transformation :

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Cannot produce target element /ns0:Mt_Test_Po/Vendor. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.start(AMappingProgram.java:406) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.Transformer.start(Transformer.java:142) at

When i check the XML payload in SXMB_MONI i could able to see the data for vendor. please loook the xml code below:

- <E1EDKA1 SEGMENT="1">

<PARVW>WE</PARVW>

<LIFNR>5100</LIFNR>

<ORT01>WILLIAMSFIELD</ORT01>

<LAND1>US</LAND1>

<SPRAS>E</SPRAS>

<ORT02>ASHTABULA</ORT02>

<REGIO>OH</REGIO>

<SPRAS_ISO>EN</SPRAS_ISO>

</E1EDKA1>

Kindly suggest some solutions and explain me what might be the reason for getting such errors. If i remove the mapping for the field vendor the scenario is working fine but i need vendor data also for my requirement.

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether the places where you have mapped are data type compatible.That is at both source and target the datatypes should be compatible.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any how i have given data type for target field as string, and even the vendor field is also character then i think there will no problem with data type incompatability.

Venkat

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

Do onething goto SXI_MONITOR rightclick on ur payload window, select the option view source message and copy that message,

Then goto IR --> message mapping --> test tab --> paste that copied message and check ur mapping.

Sometimes if ur source message is in the wrong fomate it will show in red colour in ur soucre structure, if so correct it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How about other fields,,check them too.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monika,

If i won't map this vendor field my scenari is working fine, there is no problem with the other fields.

Venkat

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkat can u pl give the target structure wid occurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this shows that the problem is only with that field.

That means either its not mapped correctly or cannot write the source field to target coz of datatypes.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

check for field Mt_Test_Po/Vendor ... Is this field mandatory?? if yes then confirm whether value is coming from corresponding source element ?

Simply copy your payload and Test mapping in IR

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have u mapped all the mandatory fields in mapping check for that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anusha,

I am mapping idoc fields to my structure fields, what mandatory fields to map this is not file to idoc . please correct me if iam wrong. If i won't map for vendor field it is working fine once i map then it is giving error. I have taken 5 fields in my structure po_number, date,vendor,material and quantity. and i have mapped corresponding field from idoc. Suggest me the solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Can you provide the target structure with the occurence of the nodes here...