cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read data from ODS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi Guys,</b>

I am new to APO and I have a requirement where i need to read the data from ODS in APO. Can you tell me is there any FM which reads the data from ODS or else in what ways i can do it.

Thanks in Advance!...

<b>

Regards,

Ramkumar.K</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

It would be best if you can elaborate exactly why you need to read data from the ODS. For example, are you trying to load data from the ODS to an InfoCube in APO? or are you trying to read an ODS and store the data in a planning area? We would be able to help you find the best solution if we know what you are trying to build.

Here are some ways to read data from an ODS:

1) Read the active table of the ODS. The naming convention is:

If the ODS is from SAP, the technical name of the active table is /BI0/A<name of ODS>00.

If the ODS is built by the customer, the technical name of the active table is /BIC/A<name of ODS>00.

For example, if you have an ODS with the name ZMYODS then the table to read is /BIC/AZMYODS00.

2) Use function module RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ. This is an FM that was released by SAP for customer use. It can be used to read data from any infoprovider (e.g. InfoCube, ODS, Multi-provider, Remote Cube, InfoSet etc).

3) If you are mainly loading data from the ODS to a data target (e.g. Infocube or another ODS), please use the standard functionalities in BW (e.g. InfoPackages, Transformation rules etc).

Hope this helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

You can use the function module 'RSAN_ODS_DATA_READ' for reading the ODS data.

Regards,

Siva.