cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Configuration for 5-Level Approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using and Extended Classic Scenario in which we have 5-Level approver of the Shopping cart. The below is the funcational logic which i need to configure.

Logic:

Find the Requestor’s manager by using the SLAPPROVER in the workflow container

Now run this logic for the SLAPPROVER such as.

Initially the SLAPPROVER = Requestor’s SLAPPROVER

IF the SLAPPROVER spending limit is greater or equal to the cart total

value THEN record SLAPPROVER as the final level approver and end approval chain (<b>How do i Record the SLAPPROVER as a final level</b>)

ELSE the SLAPPROVER spending limit is less then the cart total value

Then record SLAPPROVER as level N approver and set SLAPPROVER = to level N approver’s SLAPPROVER

Now repeate the logic above until an approver is found with dollar limit greater or equal to cart total value.

The end result will be a chain of approvers with a max of 5 levels because the fifth level will contain a large dollar value such as 99999999 to be the last approver. This way if anything exceeds Jim Orr’s level then it will be approved outside of the system and then documented and Jim’s level will approve it in the system.

Now the chain of approvers will exist. The first level will have to approve it before its goes to the next level. If a approver rejects the cart then no work items will be sent to the levels above. All levels must approve for the cart to be approved.

Eample:

User A orders a cart with value $1500

• SLAPPROVER = Requestor’s SLAPPROVER = Manager A

• Manager A spend limit (500) less than cart total (1500)

• Record Manager A as level 1 approver

• Find Manager A’s SLAPPROVER = Manager B

• Set SLAPPROVER = Level 1 SLAPPROVER = Manager B

• Manager B spend limit (1000) less than cart total (1500)

• Record Manager B as level 2 approver

• Find Manager B’s SLAPPROVER = Manager C

• Set SLAPPROVER = Level 2 SLAPPROVER = Manager C

• Manager C spend limit (9999) greater than cart total (1500)

• Manager C is final approver in the approval chain is single level

• The chain now exist:

Manager A -> Manager B -> Manager C

Can this be done through the configuration in the SWB_PROCURMENT transaction or i need to have any development.

If its the case of Development, Please advice me the flow in which i need to go about.

Thanks in Advance,

Mohit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohit

You could look to use the n-step dynamic spend limit approver workflow (WS14000109) to do this.

You could also implement badi BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI for workflow WS14000133.

Have a look at the following link to see if this is what you are looking for.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/79/ca013a0c88bc7ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Keith

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to configure 5-level approvers n your system , then you need to implement N-Step BADI workflow.

you have to write your own badi implementation , there is one badi

BBP_WFL_APPROVAL_BADI , (please check for the correct name in the transaction se18).

there you have to write your code to get the required number of approvers in the method remaining_approvers (this again you have to check for correct name).

it is not possible to attain 5 -levels of approvers using classic workflows , it is possible to have only One step (and) two step workflows here